The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1999 Supra on eBay?!

Elliot

Whats misleading? The car is actually a 1999 reg. Granted it could possibly have been manufactured 6 years before hand, but it is still a 99 reg car.

Some people could be convinced it's a '99 car because of the plate and people are stupid like that.

It should have an age related plate if registered CORRECTLY.

Whats misleading? The car is actually a 1999 reg. Granted it could possibly have been manufactured 6 years before hand, but it is still a 99 reg car.

What's misleading is

Model Year : 1999

Would that suggest to you it was made in 1993, or 1999?

Would he have any documentation stating its real date of manufacture?

The VIN? Is that classed as a document?

From what I remember (can't be bothered to find mine) the V5 has the manufacture date of the car (shown on the VIN) & the date of first registration in the UK.

Wonder if they're both 1999 on this Supra, which wouldn't be very nice if you had no idea it was a 1993 or whatever and bought it, only to find out later that it wasn't. (which it isn't!)

Does that make sense! :)

It's very misleading, especially if you're talking about how much it'll sell for.

If the buyer doesn't know anything about Supra's he won't realise the differences with the facelift car. He may also assume it's a VVTI.

When the auction finishes I'm going to send the highest bidders a little message!

Well maybe the owner believes it is. Either way the mileage shows the true 'age' of a car not the year, IMO

True to an extent but, as Merk said, if it's misleading in a way to make someone think it's a VVTI facelift etc then it's wrong. Model year clearly states 1999.

The V5 doesn't show year of manufacture though does it, only year of first resgistration.

It is also well known about the private plate DVLA fuck up that can/does occur, i.e. my car was registered with my private plate as soon as it arrived in the country in 2002, when I go and sell my car and get the plate taken off, the DVLA will add a plate that is from the year of first registration in the UK, i.e. my 1997 facelift non VVTi will be plated as an '02 plate.

It is also well known about the private plate DVLA fuck up that can/does occur, i.e. my car was registered with my private plate as soon as it arrived in the country in 2002, when I go and sell my car and get the plate taken off, the DVLA will add a plate that is from the year of first registration in the UK, i.e. my 1997 facelift non VVTi will be plated as an '02 plate.

Is this always the procedure? I have a M reg private plate on retention, and have/will be looking for a 1995+ Supra so i can use it. If i assign this plate at first UK registration could i put it on a 1993 or 1994 car? :)

This car was most likely imported via Dublin port (as thousands were), then bought by a N.I. dealer who registered it in 1999, the DVLA in N.I. gave such cars new numbers. So DLZ prefix started in 98 and ran into 99, so its 99 reg but prob 93. I owned a DLZ car that had a 9xxx number and it was march 99.

To describe the car as 1999 is fraud IMO.