The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SCR - RWYB - Fantastic Day!

S7EVE

Last minute decision to go to Shakespeare County Raceway today for a RWYB, popped along with a few friends, just planned on seeing what was down there. Anyway, guess who got roped into taking a few runs!! Well didnt want to see like a :limp: , so off to the signing on office with the rest of the lads (Skyline + RX7's).

Anyway previous best in my standard NA was 15.4 in the middle of summer at JapShow in June @ Pod, I was hoping to get a fraction better with the cooler atmosphere. So.... first run ran a 15.2 against my friends R32 - I was just interested in my PB - so was chuffed to knock 2 tenths off. As there wasnt many running straight back in the queue to cool her down and hve another go. Ended up along side some 'Metro' who struggled to find the staging lines :shrug: . Anyway I was impressed with my run, seemed to get a better start, but managed a 15.3, metro way behind because of his awful reaction time but ended up he pulled a 15.3 too! embarassment or what! :blush: . Why didnt I buy a turbo!!! Anyway back to the story...

... Continued with another run beating a scoobie and decided to leave it for a while. Bumped into a work mate down there and agreed not have a run with him against his mustang!?!?! True to form an hour later he came to find me and we converged in the fire-up lane. With no queue we were straight up, perfect. Lined up, up to 4k revs, and dropped the clutch, quite a bit of wheel spin but when she gripped she gripped! The mustang was gone, but I had my PB in my sights... Friend called me with the news... 14.97!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well chuffed! Knocked 0.5 seconds of my PB today! Really pleased, but now I want more...

What sort of times have the rest of you NA owners produced? We should compile our own 1/4 mile league on the site do you think?

Anyway just thought I'd share my joys with my fellow Supra-fanatics!

PS - lets keep the Metro moment just between ourselves! :blush:

Well done Steve! Half a second is a big improvement!

We should compile our own 1/4 mile league on the site do you think?
The NA ¼ mile league is listed here And you'll be in 2nd place now! (If you post your slip times in that thread for Mark to add)

Edit:

Nick beat me to it :banghead: :D

Thanks guys! Im chuffed! Should have done a search hey for the times!!! :blush: Will post on here.

Ed. - She's standard at the moment. Nur-Spec R due anyday, Full decat on the way and APEXi induction kit on the way! :D Probably be my last run for the year but definately try again early 2006 - if im still in an NA ;)