The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Abbey Motorsport for AEM mapping?

AshBhp

Nobody has much experience of mapping AEM's that's the problem!

I personally would suggest going either F-CON or Motech if I had an auto. At least untill the auto issue is *truely* sorted and somone with a stock auto box has got a car that they're happy with in the UK, and then use whoever they did to map it to do yours. I just wouldn't want to be that guinea pig.

Guest Usmann A

Ash, justin is still due to come over dude, if your interested, Dan is a nice bloke, but has no where near the expereince with the AEM as AEM trained guys, eventhough it is just GEMS rebadged ... etc.

Hmmm Hollands a bit far though mate.

Or are you saying you guys map AEM ecu's with stock auto box's and have no reliability issues? Perhaps if that's the case someone might want to mention it to the official UK AEM tuner. I remember in days gone by they were going to map their own auto car. Never heard anymore about it. Figured they'd given up.

OK so is there anyone with a stock auto box with an AEM that is perfectly happy with it? (not being fecicious, just curious to get to the bottom of it once and for all)

yeah less than an hour by airplane. I don't see the problem. When I wasn't experienced with the AEM I flew in Sean McEldery from Seatle Washington.

I understand what your saying Arnout, but it's not always as simple as that. People want to have a garage in the same county, let alone country, that they can take their car to the day after it's gone wrong, and get them to put it right.

Flying people in is just prohibitively expensive compared to that. And if it's not, how much would you charge all in to come and map my AEM? :)

Ash, justin is still due to come over dude, if your interested, Dan is a nice bloke, but has no where near the expereince with the AEM as AEM trained guys, eventhough it is just GEMS rebadged ... etc.

Anyone other than PW to use Steve Simpson for the AEM ?

Like you say, it's a GEMS rebadged....

He is now teamed up with http://www.tegsport.co.uk/default.cfm

Anyone other than PW to use Steve Simpson for the AEM ?

Like you say, it's a GEMS rebadged....

He is now teamed up with http://www.tegsport.co.uk/default.cfm

Funny that, i spoke to Steve Simpson Yesterday and he said he has mapped AEM's '' as they are Gems Rebaged''.

I mentioned the probs with AEM auto's mapping and it seems he can map them.

They just had new R/road fitted aswell.

I don't now, decisions, decisions.