The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone know a qualified assessor

fatmerecat

Hi everyone,

In April my supe was stolen, you may remember me from such threads as...

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=36917&highlight=burgled

Anyway, I'm still going throught the arduous process of getting the right figure for the vehcle, Firstly I was offered £5500 and subsequent battling, somehow lead to an assessor saying my MKIVTT supe with 72000 miles was worth about £4k.

I've now stepped the claim up a gear and have requested all of the documentataion for the claim under the Data Protection Act and I trying to organise a 'Supra Friendly' assessor, all costs paid for by myself.

If anyone knows of a competant assessor who has the relevant membership to the professional body (that's what Admiral require) Please PM me or email at [email protected].

Cheers,

Matt

P.S. Never-ever-ever have any dealings with Admiral, they WILL try to screw you in every hole possible.

Hi mate, my mate had this problem with his Scooby. He`d only had it 2 months before he wrote it off. He`d paid 10k from an independant dealer. They offered him 6k. He turned it down and they then offered 7k. They told him if he turned this down then they`d review again but he may end up with 6k, the original offer. He turned it down and went to a number of Subaru official dealers and got them to write testimonies explaining that to replace his car in the colour and spec of his old one he would have to spend between 9.5 to 10k. He also sent the insurance company a folder with cars the same as his spec and colour that were for sale on the internet, Autotrader, etc for around the 10k mark. Two weeks later he received 9.5k from the insurance company.

I wonder if you could do the same and ask dealers from here to maybe help you in the same way to back up your claim and help you to receive the correct amount of money.