The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Changing from a Audi S3

Guest zish

Hi guys, i'm currently driving a yellow S3 and I want to change it for a supra TT. I had considered a RX7 but i really want an auto as i do loads of boring London driving :yawn:

I've been doing some reading on this site (which is great by the way:clap:), and i'm starting to get an idea of what I want. I saw this car at the Keighley trade centre and it seems like a nice example (I really like the colour), but do you reckon it's a bit expensive?

TOYOTA SUPRA 3.0 TWIN TURBO VVTi TIPTRONIC NEW SHAPE , 2 Doors, Semi-Automatic, Coupe, Petrol, 1998 S Reg , 60,000 miles, Metallic Grey. Power steering, Electric Windows, Central Locking, Air Con, Electric Mirrors, Retractable Mirors, Full Black Leather Interior, Electric Seats, Pioneer DVD/CD Slide Out Screen, Twin Air Bags, Traction Control, F1 Style Gear Change On Steering, 17" BBS Split rim Alloys, Body Kit, New Shape, ESVA Approved, Full Tax, Full Test,P/X Finance Warranty Avalible In Door Showroom Viewing

£12,995

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Babarjawaid/media.jpg

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Babarjawaid/media2.jpg

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Babarjawaid/media3.jpg

Don't EVER EVER buy from there, ever ever ever, ever ever ever ever if you prefer.

There are plenty on here who will give you a number of reasons why not. I know trade sellers who will not buy or sell with them full stop.

For 13k (advertised price in the pic) you can get a really nice example elsewhere

Pay your £10 for full membership .. look at the "Cars For sale" forum on the BBS. You'll get a much quality car from a member here .. than that 'orrible place.

I went there - when I was looking for a Supra .. The oil was totally black - couldn't even see through the sludge to the dipstick and the salesman didn't even know where the stock turbo's were!

i have heard of people going there to see late supras, and finding the passenger airbag deployed, then pushed back through the flaps and held in with wire!

also heard of wings gaffer taped and bad accident damage

the only reason i would EVER go, is to actually sit in a Supra, and get a physical idea of how they feel. i was gonna do this before i went to one of the meets, simply to get an idea of what it felt like to sit inside a Supra, what the dash layout was etc

Thought you couldnt polish a turd..... :sly:

It seems some people can, I've stood next to many examples there :)

In fairness on my last visit the stock did look a lot better presented than in the past (all the sheds were outside to put people off before they got in) - I just put this down to them getting a better body repair guy in.

They are really ignorant too, if this is the impression before you buy I'd hate to have to go back to them with a problem. They don't seem to know the history of any of the stock either.

Keighley Trade Center. AVOID.

Went there when I was looking for a Supra. Thanks to this forum and the search button I went with a wealth of acquired knowledge and the salepeople there jsut didn't have a clue.

I think you'd have to be Jessica Alba, naked and carrying a suicase full of wodge for them to even pay the slightest bit of attention.

To recap - STAY AWAY.

yup, avoid.

Went there myself after a 5 hour drive last year. Cr@p condition cars and bad service. They'll tell you porkies on the phone.

I think their reputation is catching on amongst jap performance car enthusiasts as I went past there a month ago for a wedding...it was full of jap 4X4's