The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help!! Please Urgently, Engine Problems.

Benzsupra

:cry:

Just on my way to work when my car decides its gonna lose all acceleration and just go to idle and misfire every time i push the throttle pedal. So i nurse it to the side of the road and slowly push the accelerator furthur and furthur until it starts to pick up on the revs. The car starts to idle and drive normally again, till about 2 miles down the road when it starts to do it again this time up a hill with a que of traffic behind me. I find a safe place pull over again follow the same procedure of revving it a little higher each push of the accelerator untill it returns to normal. Just as i pull up at my work it starts again and i sort it again. But now i am at work i am a bit stuck as i don't know what to do i got to get to and from work for the next few days and more importantly i need to get home in the morning. Any body with any ideas on what it could be? I will need to take it to a garage tomorrow but i would feel better if i had half an idea of what it was. I feels someting like fuel starvation but i just had it serviced don't know if the fuel filter was done though. Do supe's have an inline filter? if they do, where is it.

Sorry for all the questions but i'm a bit of an engine numpty.:shrug:

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

Thanks will have a look later as i still have my tools in the back of the car, if i do find a broken one will i be able to do a quick DIY fix untill i gan get it to a garage tomorrow or will i have to try and nurse it home same as i did to get here. Also will this be doing any damage to my engine as that is the last thing i want.

Thanks for your help.

Not close enough to have it transported to, the closest to my knoledge is Toyota themselves and they are about 20 miles away. It is also not a very nice place to leave my car, at my work, lots of theft and trouble around these parts. I would at least need to get it home in the morning when i finish work.

Well have had the top of the engine off again nothing seemed to be loose but gave all six of the wires and caps a good pushing and took it round the block a couple of times and it didn't do it but the fault was intermittent so i will drive it home and see if it happens again. Other than that is it advisable to change these caps anyway?

Cheers

I just had my plugs changed and they didn't change them but i pulled one off just now and the two wires inside were just flapping about there was nothing seperating them. I don't know if this is normal or not and the wires were easily pused out the back of the block they were in. nothing seemed to fit together very snugly I.E the wires into the actual plug bit the cap fits on to.

as Fifty has said above....

the loose connections are causing it to misfire. If you are careful you can push the terminals in without the (now) missing center white bits or even the black casing. If you can make sure the terminals are snug then you'll be able to drive ok. If the wires/terminals have been put back on the wrong terminal this will caue it to misfire too.

The clip/casings are couple of pounds each from toyota.

Hope it's sorted