The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Graphics on a Supra. Yeah Or Nay

SupraStar 3000

Graphics on a Supra is always a controversial issue, especially Vinyl graphics.

Against my better judgement Im considering some subtle graphics, designed by myself, but can't help the sensible side of me saying NO! don't do IT!

In my opinion, like any modification it can be done professionally or amateurish. I've seen both on Supras.

What's your thoughts.

YAY!!:drool:

http://car.nifty.com/cms_image/car/3/0306024742/0306024742_2_2.gif

NAY!!!:thumbdown

http://car.nifty.com/cms_image/car/3/0306024742/0306024742_2_3.gif

Japs are comedy, cant make out the writing, put pick looks like its slow, without a turbo conversion

http://www.350zonline.com/gallery/albums/album93/Nismo_Wing.jpg

something like this, i would recomend

Some look ok, id rather not thow :D on the other hand it would make ur car difrent to ever other soop!

When I bought my supe it had some decals on the doors (HKS, Blitz....), but I have now taken them off. They did look good but I prefer the Supe without them. I must admit, the Supe did get more attention with them on. Not that it still doesn't get attention, but it's all relative.

Graphics on a car are a sure sign the bottom has fallen out of its market and they are in rapid decline. Do you see late Ferraris, Astons, SLK55 AMG Mercedes and other expensive kit sporting "graphics". No. I rest my case.... ;) Graphics that advertise a product should be displayed only on race / rally cars, and for a fee. Why the hell people stick TRD, Greddy and HKS stickers on their motors when they aren't being paid for it, or trying to flog the stuff is beyond me!

Good points Chris

However,...

The Supras, Skylines, RX7s etc.. are NOT as exotic as Ferraris and Astons.

The industry of modifying cars is perfectly suited for Supas and the like.

This is why we see such fantastic personalised and modifying cars at SantaPod and JAE.

Doubt Ferraris have such individuality in individual cars at their events.

Seen one, seen um all

Supras are a different animal in my opinion.

At home in both standard spec and extreme street car mode.

Graphics on a car are a sure sign the bottom has fallen out of its market and they are in rapid decline. Do you see late Ferraris, Astons, SLK55 AMG Mercedes and other expensive kit sporting "graphics". No. I rest my case.... ;) Graphics that advertise a product should be displayed only on race / rally cars, and for a fee. Why the hell people stick TRD, Greddy and HKS stickers on their motors when they aren't being paid for it, or trying to flog the stuff is beyond me!

Maybe because people like their car to look different rather than like every other model in the range, or because (like me) they like the "racey look". Be a boring old world if we all thought the same.

http://www.car-mad.co.uk/supra/skunk2.jpg

http://www.car-mad.co.uk/supra/skunk3.jpg

i have to say i like it edd, the photo of your car has been slamed, bigger wheels (black centres)actually one you already have, and graphics, this is all photoshop, yes, show us wat the photo looked like before and i think that will change peoples minds.

tt steve

nice work mate.

ps i need two vinyls doing about 300mm (or 10mm cap) long with club web adress in silver ariel font.:respekt:

ill buy you a pint.!

i have to say i like it edd, the photo of your car has been slamed, bigger wheels (black centres)actually one you already have, and graphics, this is all photoshop, yes, show us wat the photo looked like before and i think that will change peoples minds.

tt steve

nice work mate.

ps i need two vinyls doing about 300mm (or 10mm cap) long with club web adress in silver ariel font.:respekt:

ill buy you a pint.!

Thanks Steve.

I keep walking past the computer and catching a glimpse of the render then thinking cool, after which the doubt sets in :badidea:

e-mail any .ai, .eps, or corel file and i'll cut your graphics mate :)