The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi and a question :D

Underworld

Hi guys, im new to the forums.

Basically i bought a really really good condition celica, and im thrilled to bits with it. Now I have become obsessed with the want to get its big brother. The supra.

Im going to get one in 11 months time, and I was going to ask some advice before purchasing it.

Basically what I want to know is the pros/cons between transmission types, as well as anything else I should look out for or be aware of before purchase.

Now I initially am inclined to go for a 6spd manual, as having my celica with 5 gears sucks ass. The 6th would really make a big bit of diff i.e i could cruise at 80 with minimal rpm.

However im told the auto is pretty badass, and is nicer than the manual. How many gears do the autos have? Will i notice a lot of petrol consumption difference between manual + auto?

Also i guess ill be going for the twin turbo. Two sounds better than one.

Any input would be appreciated. + Nice to be aboard another good toyota club.

Underworld.

Hi Mate

Have a look through the FAQ section and im sure it will answer all your questions.

The auto box on a supra is 4 speed, really is fantastic and very smooth. Its probably also easier to live with on a day to day basis.... although im sure there will be plenty of people on the forum that would disagree.

As for fuel consumption, i wouldnt really worry about it, its crap in both auto and manual sup's :p

I bought my Sup after owning a ST205 Celica GT4, much easier to get big power gains out of a supra btw :cool:

Welcome to the club

:welcome: mate to the club :thumbs:

You'll find answers to all your questions in the FAQ section, see HERE The Search feature above is also very useful for finding answers to common questions.

Hang around here and you'll soon learn loads of useful information that will help you, when you come to buy a Supra.

Thanks for the warm welcomes. yea the Faqs do look good. + Hmm 4 gears auto, sounds like thats going to be drinking a lot of petrol :S

wouldnt recommend you get one if your looking for more then 20 mpg off boost.... most people tend to have another car as a daily driver....:ok:

I drive like a granny and get just over 20mpg. The Supra is not economical (well it is for what you get, but it's basically crap!).

Also i guess ill be going for the twin turbo. Two sounds better than one.

There is no single turbo MK IV (except modded singles obviously), the MK III was single turbo. Or are you talking about something else and I'm missing the point!!

Welcome anyway, I have a 6spd and love it, only driven 1 auto but that was very nice as well - depends what you want. I wanted more of a sporty driving 'feel', bearing in mind it's not actually any quicker and is in fact quite a bit slower in the manual unless you can REALLY drive well!