The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting an alarm

dangerous brain

Its an avantguard 5 G5 and paperwork wise it just needs a receipt or something from a qualified person to say its fitted and done proper. Its to go into my mk1 aristo which according to my local alarm place is a total tw*t of a car to do and the alarm is a total git as well??? If you could do the job though I'd be more than appreciative :)

Its an avantguard 5 G5 and paperwork wise it just needs a receipt or something from a qualified person to say its fitted and done proper.

Mate are you sure jus ta receipt, my insurance company made me fax over the certificate to prove it was installed by a qualified engineer. I thought the certificate was only way it could be giving a CAt status once installed :shrug:

Its an avantguard 5 G5 and paperwork wise it just needs a receipt or something from a qualified person to say its fitted and done proper. Its to go into my mk1 aristo which according to my local alarm place is a total tw*t of a car to do and the alarm is a total git as well??? If you could do the job though I'd be more than appreciative :)

Yeah you are right, they are a total git to install into, the alarm is well involved as it also has an engine remote start built in.

I can provide a VSIB certificate, but i won't be able to confirm its a thatcham approved alarm. As the avantguard, being the top of range clifford its not an approved system. (you don't need a VSIB accredited installer to install this alarm)

It doesn't need to be a thatcham approved alarm for my insurance. they will accept it fitted if it has automatic arming abilities (I just don't get the discount that applies by having thatcham approved is all). It does however need to be fitted and certified as fitted correctly by an approved fitter for the insurance company so say the loverly sky, reason it has to be immobilsed and securitied up is that the car has external modifications that make it more knickable and as such they full stop won't insure it unless it has security fitted.