The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which intercooler to use ??????????

lui

Have the blitz lm v-spec one at present with hard pipe kit but in need of new one.

Dont know to go for same but been looking at the Greedy R-SPL HG 3 row intercooler kit to just wondered whats the best of the 2 to use.

Noticed the the greedy kit comes with polished chrome hard pipes in the kit compared to alluminuim hard pipes that come with the blitz kit one.

Please help

For a car with stock tubbies anything more than a standard IC is OTT.

A 2 row will be good for small or mid sized single turbo, 3 row and above are only necessary for big single/twin cars. I was sucked in and bought a 3row which I now know is total overkill for my car or even my future plans for a single turbo!

For a car with stock tubbies anything more than a standard IC is OTT.

A 2 row will be good for small or mid sized single turbo, 3 row and above are only necessary for big single/twin cars. I was sucked in and bought a 3row which I now know is total overkill for my car or even my future plans for a single turbo!

Hmm are you sure you are not refering to the Greedy 4 row which is TOTAL overkill for stock tubbies or even A small to mid sized single. The 3Row is the same spec as an HKS type R and good for stockers all the way up to Mid size singles. It's also piped for the Stocks as is the blitz and the HKS so if it was no good they would not spec them as such. Ok a Greddy 2 row is more suitable for total stock twins but then why change from a side mount. But the 3 row comes into its own on small single and mid size same as the type R. What has led you to think that the 3 row is OTT for your apps now or even future plans ..interested in feedback thats all ?

I think the HKS IC's use a better core, but they don't include all the hard pipes (need to buy 2 sections separately). The Greddy IC's are a little cheaper and include all necessary hard pipes, so probably better value for money on a BPU car.

Saying that I went with HKS R-type :D

How about the "Hybrid" FMIC ?

Iv read alot about it in http://www.supraforums.com

Just check the Post that says "Ebay Intercoolers".

Here is the ORIGINAL link to their homepage.

http://www.hybrid-power.com/index.php

Really cheap price.

580-600 $ shipped with DHL to your door.

And they say it have better welding on the IC then greddy...

The Supra Kit includes all piping and clams that you need..

Check it out...:looney:

How about the "Hybrid" FMIC ?

Iv read alot about it in http://www.supraforums.com

Just check the Post that says "Ebay Intercoolers".

Here is the ORIGINAL link to their homepage.

http://www.hybrid-power.com/index.php

Really cheap price.

580-600 $ shipped with DHL to your door.

And they say it have better welding on the IC then greddy...

The Supra Kit includes all piping and clams that you need..

Check it out...:looney:

End tank design is rubbish.