The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I want my car to sound like Eyefi's!

RedM

Mate,

Heard you on Tuesday evening and saw you Wednesday morning and your car just sounds amazing. I nearly missed the lights going green so I could listen to you drive away.

Heard you again this evening. You'll know where I was hiding:sly: . Hope to hear you again soon.:clap:

• 1 month later...
you can have the special tea next time :)

Sorry to ressurect this thread but I was behind Eyefi at a set of lights tonight and his car is so loud that when he pulled away our entire cockpit vibrated. Brilliant.:respekt::clap::D

BTW though Eyefi, you aware that your rear lights are not symmetrical aren't you?:confused:

the manifold sounds like a turbojet under boost. That's true. Flavio is in love with the sound. It's awesome. If it makes power? Power makes noise.... noise doesn't make power. Dyno it :)

seen the manifold at eyefis-nice bit of kit I must say!;)

its a HKS Ti with custom made d/p m/p which he had fabbed up and a single turbo with arnout custom manifold.

like richie says, it's a 4" dp/mp. it's also wrapped which has made it quite a bit louder out the back. it's too loud for me, im just in the process of looking to make it quiter. under boost it's even louder and then the wastegate opens and loud just doesn't do it justice. :devil: it's a beautiful sounding engine but i do feel a bit guilty for making the rest of the world listen to it :violin:

like richie says, it's a 4" dp/mp. it's also wrapped which has made it quite a bit louder out the back. it's too loud for me, im just in the process of looking to make it quiter. under boost it's even louder and then the wastegate opens and loud just doesn't do it justice. :devil: it's a beautiful sounding engine but i do feel a bit guilty for making the rest of the world listen to it :violin:

How do you find it is on a 70mph cruise? My single was boomy and droney...so I added a 3"dia silencer to my 3" Nurspec. It's still loud but it's taken the edge off it...

Not sure how well you'll get on tryying to find a way to silence a 4" system...maybe you can find a 4" silencer to custom fit into the pipework.

the manifold sounds like a turbojet under boost. That's true. Flavio is in love with the sound. It's awesome. If it makes power? Power makes noise.... noise doesn't make power. Dyno it :)

it's due on the dyno, i've got the mapping reasonable now and it feels damn quick (that's technically quicker than fucking fast). i'm actually quite scared of full throttle.

have you had one of your manifolds on the dyno yet?

How do you find it is on a 70mph cruise? My single was boomy and droney...so I added a 3"dia silencer to my 3" Nurspec. It's still loud but it's taken the edge off it...

Not sure how well you'll get on tryying to find a way to silence a 4" system...maybe you can find a 4" silencer to custom fit into the pipework.

im thinking of putting a high flow cat or an additional silencer in the mid pipe.

i can live with it but jane doesn't like the car anymore, she actually thinks cars should be quiet and comfortable, :) suppose that's a go ahead to strip it out.

im thinking of putting a high flow cat or an additional silencer in the mid pipe.

i can live with it but jane doesn't like the car anymore, she actually thinks cars should be quiet and comfortable, :) suppose that's a go ahead to strip it out.

Yeah - know where she's coming from as I get the same comments...with the additional silencer fitted now people don't always hear me arrive :)

hi Nige -what about the baffle for the Ti exhaust ,will that not make it a bit more bearable?

hi Nige -what about the baffle for the Ti exhaust ,will that not make it a bit more bearable?

it definitely will but i don't like the idea of creating an extra pound of back pressure after i've gone to so much trouble to free it all up. what i want to do is just absorb (certain frequencies) in the sound waves with as little restriction as possible. the baffle just necks it down to a 2" exhaust at the exit. effective but not very elegant.

it definitely will but i don't like the idea of creating an extra pound of back pressure after i've gone to so much trouble to free it all up. what i want to do is just absorb (certain frequencies) in the sound waves with as little restriction as possible. the baffle just necks it down to a 2" exhaust at the exit. effective but not very elegant.

I reckon to have a lot of power it will be noisy ,as arnout says power is noisy.:rtfm: