The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nearly in the club

Guest Scooby_Don't

Guest Scooby_Don't

Hi all, I have just bought a Supra and pick it up on Sunday.

It's a 95 NA manual import and I'm really looking forward to driving it.

I bought the car from a well known auction site and I haven't actually seen the car yet :looney: :looney: I know I should have went to see it before bidding but it was such a good price and the car is 400 miles away. I've printed out the "what to look out for when buying a Supra" thread and hope this doesn't back fire on me.

Guest Scooby_Don't

Cheers all,

yeah I hope I'm not dissapointed too.

I know it's a gamble I honestly didn't think I would win auction at the price I bid. Haven't paid yet so I can always walk away if it's a nightmare.

I've spoken to the seller and he sounds knowledgeable and has good feedback so we'll see.

let me get this straight, you saw a pic of "the" car on a pc screen and bought it without seeing the seller??. holly shit youve got some balls.

hope its gona be a good one.:)

mind u i didnt even lift bonnet on mine and sat in it once, No test drive, no history of any type, and payed deposit, :whistle: :whistle: didnt ask too many questions. as i knew it was worth more than he was seling it for.

tt steve

I took the same risk buddy, turns out i got myself a minter :)

i drove upto the sellers (300+ miles away) with the intention of if it was a shitter then id walk away, bollox to the feedback thangamy. If its not what the seller says then its their fault not yours. Thankfully my seller was toatlly honest and upfrount about everything. good luck :)

Guest Scooby_Don't

Picked up the car today :p

I'm well pleased the car was as the owner described. I used the checklist from the FAQ's in here and checked as much as I could, Im just in after driving 400 miles home :clap: The one thing I do need to get fixed is the peeling lacquer on the roof, I knew about the problem before I went to see the car. Anyone know where I could get this sorted in Central Scotland? Now for some nice BIG alloys.