The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Couple of wheel questions

Parksy

Okay.. have a couple of wheel questions I wondered if someone could help me with :)

I've been offered a set of 4 spanking new chrome 20" rims.

They are all 8.5" wide.

First off will these fit my Supe okay? The suspension is standard, not lowered or modified, same with the arches.

Second question is if they do fit okay, what sort of size tyres would I be looking at for them?

To be honest even if they won't fit the car they are at a price that I can't really refuse.

Not really into chrome either so might give them a try and sell them on if I'm not liking them :)

Okay.. have a couple of wheel questions I wondered if someone could help me with :)

I've been offered a set of 4 spanking new chrome 20" rims.

They are all 8.5" wide.

First off will these fit my Supe okay? The suspension is standard, not lowered or modified, same with the arches.

Second question is if they do fit okay, what sort of size tyres would I be looking at for them?

To be honest even if they won't fit the car they are at a price that I can't really refuse.

Not really into chrome either so might give them a try and sell them on if I'm not liking them :)

Quoting original post for posterity

Nope not the same wheels. These are from a Lexus/Toyota garage up north, bought in for a customer who decided not to get them once they arrived... never been any tyres on them, still boxed up with the stickers etc on :)

Good to see people keeping an eye out for stuff though :)

They were bought in for a Supra so was just assuming the offset would be okay?

I know nowt about these things though to be honest, just enjoy driving nice cars :)

EDIT: In answer to your question Jake my car is an N/A :)

Don't assume they are the correct fitment or you might get your fingers burned. It happened to a couple of out members recently with some other 20" wheels.

You know what 'assume' did.

What should the offset be, can get this double checked tomorrow, guessing it will be listed with all the rest of the techno jargin on the side of the box?

You can not be serious dude.

Regardless of the offset they are too narrow, it's not worth falling off the road just to impress the local 'crew' with some ride destroying bling.

Totally agree, the MKIV, stock front rims are 8.5 the rears 9.5, putting 20" on 8.5 all round is madness. It will handle like a Ox cart in a river. Hhmmmmm wonder why they are such an irristable deal.

Can't wait for Chris to see this.:flame: