The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel cut came as a bit of a shocker last night!

chilli

After double decatting my car recently and running around 1.1 bar for a few weeks I was begining to think that I was lucky and that either my fuel cut limit was higher than normal or that I already had a FCD installed from Japan.

Much to my suprise last night I discovered that neither were true lol. The colder evening saw around 1.15bar and whilst flat out in 4th, Wham - fuel cut! This sure is abrupt isn't it! a bit of a shocker to say the least, quite a jolt to the car and the dash lights up like a christmas tree too...

Anyway I've overed the Thor VFCD now, should have that installed ASAP :D

I just wanted to warn all those potential de-catters out there, be prepared for this one, it's quite alarming if your not expecting it and could be v.embarising if you're out showing a fellow spirited driver what the supe is capable of!!!

The TRL is ok aslong as you are not exceeding 1.2 - 1.3 bar of boost, if you haven`t already i would invest in a restrictor ring and then use a boost controller to raise it to the desired boost.

This is more of an issue on the J-Specs due to the ceramic turbos, not so much of a problem on the UK/US cars.

:)

Cheers for the advice, I've already got a restrictor ring fitted. I don't think it will be going above 1.2 bar, it was hovering around 1.1 and just creeping over at peak revs probably due to the cold weather...

If it goes up any more I'll be sure to fit a slightly smaller restrictor ring though to keep it at/below 1.2bar

where you getting your FCD from then hogmaw? I've just ordered mine, sure hope it turns up asap.

Nic, you could be right but its a decent guage (apexi) and the restrictor ring was set for 1.2bar so it roughly adds up, I think fuel cut can vary a bit from car to car?

Yes seems its not based on absolute peak pressure since I think I've seen it peak momentarily over this, but in 4th gear or higher you get long enough time on full boost to hit fuel cut.

Perhaps if/when it goes to the tuners then I'll get the guage checked though just in case... :)