The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jap show news

slowboy

Hi Dee here from CRd, just to let you know what went on yesterday. We have new a new set up wich was its first outing yesterday, we only done 2 runs, 1 st run was a shake down no Nos and low boost, 10.6, then we had a major problem as we went to go out for the second time, the block had snapped where the alterenator bolts on and our car will not run an batt power alone, so we then missed the next two runs as we had to swap the alt to the other side of the engine then rewire it, then go to halfords and get a belt to suit! (not an easy job at the side of the track), any way went out for the second run, gave it full every thing and the gear box snaped in two, two thirds of the way down, so I free wheeled over the line and done a 9.8 @144 mph, I had only just selected forth gear when the box snaped, so god knows what it would have been if we had managed to keep the power on! the engine and turbo are fine, all the smoke was from the gear box oil hitting the hot exhaust. We went down to try and get down to mid/low nines, I know this is possible, now we just have to prove it! if any one has a bust 6 speed box I would keen to here from them as I need a casing at the very least.

Hi thanks for the advice on the box I will call him today. We are going to try and get back out but it all depends on getting the box sorted, I will take some pics once I have it out, all being well I will have it out by thursday, the box has broke from one side of the casing right threw to the other side (just where it goes on the bell housing). I dont know what the record is for a manual car but I hope we can get down to low nines or high eights, the 9.8 still had a crappy 0-60ft ie 1.79 sec, we shoul be doing at least 1.5 sec, and we can also make more power now we are getting better traction, so I guess we will just have to see.