The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Too Good To Be True?

GazzaGSi

After browsing Ebay and autotrader over the last month I have been to look at quite afew Supras. Auto's, manuals, TT's & N/A's.

I printed out the 'What to look for when buying a Supra' from the Technical Discussions section and used this on all of the ones I have been to see. (A great document).

My main reason for posting this is due to one I went to see Friday evening. It was a Manual N/A in black. I could not fault the car at all. It has covered 62,000 miles (4.5k in this country) has plenty of service history etc. The only thing that was wrong with the car, which the seller told me about when I first got there was that the Air Con needs recharging. The only thing I could not check was the smoke on a cold start up as the engine was warm as he'd just got back in from work.

The seller wants £4000 for it, when i asked him I was expecting him to say 5-5500 or something, Does this sound too cheap or are the Manual N/As normally this price in such a great condition? The MOT is in May '06 and the Tax is due the end of this month but, as i still have my current car he is willing to tax it for me and keep it in his garage untill my cars sold at an extra £200. Which seems fair to me?

What are your thoughts on this, and am i missing something big on this? :shrug:

I must also say, while i was waiting for him to get home, I was invited into their house and got a good first impression from just by how clean it was etc which quite strangely felt good if ya get me?

Originally I was after a TT but after going out in the N/A and how good value for money this one is I may go for this instead :)

Gaz

That is a good price for a NA manual yes but they dont got for £5000 to £5500 much these days.

Strange really, Ive seen some good ones at reasonable prices but i cant help think somethings wrong thats why they're trying to sell them so cheap, just to get rid lol. Maybe I am just being over cautious.

Gaz