The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got one over on Mr T!!

michael parker

As i said a few weeks ago, i'm getting some uk glass headlights from Mr T.

The reason i used Mr T is.... when i had a service done there, they commented on the plastic ones being cloudy ect, and recommended i change them.

So i said no at first, and on receipt of my invoice i read on to find i'd been quoted £325.00 inc 2 hours labour to change the lights. (2 hours????)

So i rang up my local Toyota (Grantham) having recently moved and they said the price was approx £488.00. So i rang back up the Hull branch where i had the original quote of £325.00 and asked if it was correct, they said "If thats what we've quoted you, thats the price you'll pay" So without further ado, i arranged for them to be ordered and fitted.

So yesterday was the fitting day, i took my car there, went into town, returned 2 hours later to see my lovely new uk spec lights fitted.

I went in to settle the bill and the servicing manager said "It says on our computer that you have had a quote already from us??"

i said, " yeah thats correct, for £325.00"

He sort of looked at me, as to sort of say yeah right, drrrrrrrrrream on!!!

He said, "have you got it written proof?"

So i said, "yeah it's inthe car," and i went off to get it, returned and showed it to him.

He said, "This can't be right, £325.00, it costs us £180.00 each headlight plus vat"

So isaid, "yeah but you have to sell them to me for the price quoted, right?"

Against his wills, he replies, "yes but i'll be finding out this afternoon who quoted this price to you."

I said "when you do, will you give me a ring so i can order some more parts through him!!! :rlol:

Don't think he was too impressed!

Meanwhile i paid the bill and :run: see ya later Mr T.

Sniggering all the way home :nana: :nana: :nana:

Yes mate.

Part No. ...... Normal Price

81170-1b210 ... £127.71 +VAT

81130-1b210 ... £127.71 +VAT

I got 15% discount on the above prices.

You beauty :)

You know I'm going to ask you which one's the passenger side now don't you?

Michael, sorry for the :hijack: