The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Valve caps gone

Terminator

One day last wee probably Tueasday, in the 20 minutes I was away from the car. A valve cap collector extended his collection with the addition of my spanner tightened chrome caps.:no:

This morning I got a set of Richbrook spining anti theft caps. These look like they may stay on the car, here's hoping.

Fact of life for me....little chavlettes have got four or five sets over the last couple of years.

Most annoying time was when Id gone to a pub in Tower Park one Fri evening with some lads from the office....only in there for an hour and when I came out some little buggers had taken all four caps, let two tyres down AND put four shopping trolleys against the car. :complain:

Kyle bought some neon valve caps last time we were in Florida, spent a lot of his holiday dosh on em as well (they light up when moving). I bet him a fiver they wouldnt last more than a couple of days, and I was wrong....they survived a week.

These wheels will be going into winter storage soon so I'll stick with the chrome caps.

:faint:

i wish the wife would read some of the stuff on here! then maybe my minor modifications & spending would seem like pence in comparison to some of the things you guys get up to!

what you need is one of these, he lives a mere 5 feet away from my pride and joy thats locked in the garage, his names Jezel, unlike dum alarm systems that just make a noise he's smart and capable of inflicting a lot of pain (which is good) dont be fooled by his sleepy posture (he's been on the beach) he's up and fully functional in about half a second, the only down side is he needs to go out for walkys EVERY day, eats a mountain of food EVERY day and produces a mountain of shit EVERY day, swings and rounabouts i suppose

dog.jpg

Checked round my car tonight after it had been sat at the bottom of my driveway for a week... all 4 valve caps gone :banghead:

Theiving little f**ers are going to get their wrists broken if I see them. They must've had the cheek to walk right the way down the drive between the two houses and squeeze themselves between two cars in order to get them.... they need to be taught what happens when you get caught stealing.

Used to get them nicked off the MG a lot, since getting the supe all the young kids down the road tend to give me thumbs up, and always come and chat to me about the car when I'm washing it etc. (best line so far is: "Does your car have piston rings?" :p ).

Last week a couple of them came to the door, asked where I got my dust caps from (Rays caps came with my wheels - not easy to get hold of), I expected them to be gone the next day but they are still there!!

I think I now have my own protection gang thing going on!!! Don't mess with the Silver Supra or you get a gaggle of 10 year olds hunting you down!! :D

ive had tons swipped. also had just 2 nicked at a time! and also had them replaced with plastic ones by the more concerning chav! once i managed to nick them back from a couple of kids bikes in the village the little sh**s! so far have managed 4 weeks with the current ones! woohoo.

i had those ones that light up on my 2cv a couple of years ago. batts lasted for a good amount of time. Batts ran out but i coulddnt be arsed taking them off next thing i know some student has a set of led caps that i dont want n e more. Apart from that... standard is the way forward