The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HID Kit Anyone?

Nic

I will be sourcing HID kits for a couple of members next week. The kit is very high quality, I've sourced these kits for dozens of members now and had nothing but good feedback. If anyone else wants a price, please either pm or email me for details.

Terminator has these fitted to his car and posted photos showing the comparison with his old bulbs, see [thread=30910]HERE[/thread]

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you want to see better at night, now the darker evenings are approaching, you cant beat these kits. Just passed my MOT with them too, perfect alignment. Fantastic illumination for night driving.Very easy to fit, mine took only 10 minutes a side.

Since I got mine there has been alot of interest from the owners of other makes of car. The last set went in a two year old Evo.

I have to say I have HID's (not from Nic) but they are an amazing improvement over those candles that the car has as stock - plus it makes people pull out of the outside lane of the motorway for you as they assume you are a beemer or merc or audi. Also they have sailed through 3 MOT's no problem...

What Kelvin rating are these kits? What make are the bulbs and balasts?

Is the guarantee with you or the supplier?

I recommend the 6500K bulbs, they are a very bright white colour, with just a hint of blue.

The kit is Japanese made.

The manufacturer gives a 1 year garauntee on the ballasts and 6 months on the bulbs. This is one of the few kits that actually gives a warranty of any kind, I've sold dozens of these to members and not had any problems with them.

Hi Nic,

A few questions:

What Kelvin rating are these kits? What make are the bulbs and balasts?

Is the guarantee with you or the supplier?

Thanks mate.

Jake these are top quality kits, not like some of the cheap ones that area total waste of time as they just don’t have the beam penetration and only give a blue light.

The nearest thing I have seen to mine was on a top of the range Merc. I only buy good stuff and these are the best you are likely to get. The ones Nic got me were identical to the Deamon Twit ones selling for close to £600 a pair last year.

Ordered a set of these from Nic and they arrived this morning.

Got to say they look very good quality, metal cased balast and decent plugs/ connectors.

Not fitted yet, hopefully tommorow.

I don't think you'll get a better quality kit and at the price Nic is doing them for it really is a must with winter on the way.

BTW, thanks Nic :thumbs:

Paul

Cheers Paul :yu:

Okay, I've had quite a few members express an interest in the HID kits. If you want to order, please can you add your name here and state which headlights type you have (j-spec or glass UK spec.)

Remember I need headlight type, NOT car type, as this will effect which HID bulbs you will need. :thanks:

1. member - J-spec/UK-spec?

Fitted my set of these yesterday. Took some before pics but not done the afters yet.

Wow! what a difference. Excellent beam, white with a slight hint of blue and amazing when they light up signs and road markings. Not used main beam since fitting them, so bright.

The cut off at the top of the beam is so sharp that it enables them to be set far more accurately than stock bulbs and I haven't been flashed once although I can see for miles.

At the same time a fitted a set of PIAA Tera sidelight led's and they match perfectly, gives the whole car a new look with piercing white lights.

I've held off getting HID's for years, only wish I had changed sooner as it's now a pleasure to drive at night unlike the crap stock setup, even when I changed to new headlights they showed little improvement.

Anyway, well done Nic, nice doing business and I can't wait for the next toy to turn up..........TRD steering wheel :D (be able to turn corners as well as see at night)

Paul