The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my suede dash

jim_supra

Hi guys,

a couple of people have been wanting to see my attempt at covering my dash panels with suede, so i thought it would be best to stick some photos up! i did this a month or so back and must admit the glue i used wasn't very good! :( so the suede is starting to unstick in a few places, but will be easy to sort out.

camera phone pics again so not that good quality!

DSC00092.JPG

DSC00098.JPG

DSC00101.JPG

DSC00102.JPG

Hi Jim Supra, do you have a copy of the Yellow Pages down the back of your pants ? :D

LOL! :D I take it you're talking about how high up and far back the pictures are. I wanted to get as much in the shot as i could, so ended up with the camera as far back as i could get it!

LOL! :D I take it you're talking about how high up and far back the pictures are. I wanted to get as much in the shot as i could, so ended up with the camera as far back as i could get it!

Hi Jim, oops now I feel like a nasty bitchy bugger....wish Id seen your post before I posted the last one - I could of said 'yeah that' :D

Just joshing wija...better than my genuine plastic walnut anyhoo

I quite like suede, and I like dashboards and Im toooo nice to comment as to whether the two should ever meet....but I had a sneaking suspicion that Jim may get caned by someone on here :innocent:

yep, thats what i thought you meant really! doh!

i know it might not be to everyones cuppa tea, but you can't please all the people all the time! just got bored with my painted dash and thought it would be something different.

I hate suede. I hate the feel of it. I hate the look of it. Anywhere. On anything.

Except possibly here :

http://lib.store.yahoo.com/lib/babybrazil/0310Ssand400x250.jpg

I've no idea why and it is totally irrational.

Maybe my mum used to make me wear suede underpants or something.

I hate suede. I hate the feel of it. I hate the look of it. Anywhere. On anything.

Except possibly here :

Is it just me or does that girly look as if she has a willy bulge? :eek:

Except possibly here :

mmmmmmmmmm, like even suede more now! :yes:

Actually, you've given me an idea Jim...How did you cut to fit ? from a paper pattern or whilst on the dash ? Ive been thinking of a CF dash but now Ive seen an alternative DIY jobbie I may try something......

I cut it to fit whilst it was on the dash, but now i've done it i wish i had made templates first. i think part of the reason why its peeling in a couple of places is that i spent too much time trimming the suede while the glue was going off.

carbon fibre won't be as forgiving as fabric though, a few of the awkward parts needed to be stretched a little bit to fit right. but itwould look great.