The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jem UK

Green Peace

Just had some work done at Jem and they have a new Manager 'Sam' Some huge improvements in the way they deal with customers and expertise...attention to detail etc..still quite high labour charges, but for insurence work or anything where peace of mind is needed then can highly reccomended them NOW whilst Sam is onboard! (Ex Toyota)

Fixed a couple of LEDs with new bulbs in the dashboard today and even put my new badges on from Lovett (getting the old ones off was a pain but they did it for me)

The Bill for two hours labour and parts today came to eh £0.00 he he :ecstatic:

http://www.jemservice.co.uk/home.htm

Whilst you wait there is fresh coffee, jap car mags to read...TV, fridge full of soft drinks buscuits and two computers with internet access! (toys for the kids too.)

When I went there before they gave me a lift home too (about 4 miles) :ecstatic:

yeah just dont let garry near the car, i'll never forgive them for what they did to my abflug bonnet and the way they drove other peoples car around their part of sainsburys car park. We went there last week and they wanted over 250 pound to fit a HKS turbo timer to my mates supra.

yeah just dont let garry near the car, i'll never forgive them for what they did to my abflug bonnet and the way they drove other peoples car around their part of sainsburys car park. We went there last week and they wanted over 250 pound to fit a HKS turbo timer to my mates supra.

Yep not good...prob the same as TDi or JPS would charge too...but at least they would put it right if it went wrong I suppose!!!!!

What did they do to the Ab-Flug bonnet?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=39590&highlight=jem

to be honest si the 250 price didnt put us off but the fact when i called up and booked the appointment they said over the phone it was 140 but when they saw the instructions were in japanese they called my mate up after we dropped the car off and they raised the price.

That aint good...sorry to hear this..anyway they have enough Japanese speaking people there...They have had their moments in the past..I havent always been happy..but John Hague was a good bloke (not the Acid Bath Murderer just has the same name he he) and Sam is good to deal with..he looks after me ok..I refuse to deal with any others there on the service desk..Ive known Sam for years...I will mention this to him and ask him why they tried to rip you off next time I see him..that aint right... :swear:

£250 to fit an HKS Turbo timer? :sly:

I fitted my type 1 HKS turbo timer myself. If you by the loom for it (which costs about a tenner) then it just plugs straight in to the ignition. Right behind where you put the key in. You unplug whats there, plug the new loom in then plug the original back into that. Then just connect the turbo timer to the other part of the loom and your done. Took me all of 15mins!

the only sam i know there was an indian guy who was one of those dealing with this but there was another guy there there last week who i had not seen, quite large with short black hair, not sure if thats the sam you mean.

Yeah Sam is the Asian guy, I used to deal with him when I had a UK Supra at Jemca...tbh he has been ok with me, I actually reluctantly took my car there for some suspension work and an oil leak..

Well they are certainly shooting themselves in the foot over the way you have been treated, its a great shame coz they have a great set up there all the best eqpt Laser alignment etc, Supra freindly ramps, they always torque my suspension and often fix niggly things for me without charge..I will def have a word with Sam over this...because i think the feed back will help them and us :faint:

Well the coffee was good anyhow :D

Just read the whole thread Rallure!

I remember it now...I think Michael Martin was the manager then!

I stopped going there about then because they tried to charge me for new motors for the electric windows when all it was was a damp celenoid..also I reccomended TRD3000GT there after his Racing Clutch fiasco involving Leon JPS..they thought he needed a new gearbox (talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire)

I cant see any reason why they couldn't have claimed on their Insurance for the damage to the abflug bonnet..I know they scrapped my Sideskirt once at their previous premesis and they admitted fault and paid for the repair (that was when they were part of Jemca and John Hague was in charge)

They also screwed up on someone elses car a few years back..and it was posted up I think..and even John Hague told me about this!

It would be nice if they could tear their previous canvess up and paint a brand new picture from scratch...I have kind of given them another chance because I like their coffee :limp:

But remembering what they have done to your car its kind of unforgivable..and I dont blame you for not rating them...

I think they certainly need a change in their customer policy if they are to win back our support (although that will be difficult after your experience Im sure)

Wish their was someone we could trust locally :shrug:

Si

:innocent:

not to be funny si but it was sam who i spoke to most of the time until the boss of the whole company (garry) took over my case, sam didnt seem to care and garry well just wouldnt accept it. im glad you get good service but i wouldnt trust a toy car with them nevermind a supra, if you read the thread they managed to get a fibre glass engineer out but he said the damage was because air was getting underneath the bonnet and thats what i said because jem damaged it when closing the damn thing,they said it was heat from the engine bay that damaged it ah well rant over sorry for the hijack.

i only take my car to mark at phoenix, cant fault his cusomter serivce and he knows how to close a bonnet.

Everyone is coming back with nothing but excellent reports about Pheonix in Watford so must be good I suppose...I suppose at the end of the day everyone has a different experience...its like my experience with JPS...some rated them very highly and some had some nightmare stories, I have never had any huge nightmares with Jem, but then I guess I have never had anything too involved done there!!!

I dont trust ANYONE these days...and I prefer to stay with the car whilst works carried out because in my experience...they WILL drive it about and they will bodge things if you are not standing over them...and its a random thing...sometimes it can even comedown to Jealousy or predujice..I know some on here like to think the conspiaracy is my imagination...but it really can often come down to something as simple as that..I have my reasons for thinking in this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Si

:shrug:

sorry for the hijack.

No I'm glad you brought it up Robert..and reminded me..thats what this BBS is for IMHO...to help each other and share our experiences good and bad!

When I first came on here I posted up about my bad experience with two Tuning shops and I got slaughtered by a few mates of the tuning shops in question..I did it to warn others and to advise them to keep their eyes open if they went to these places...

I was quite shocked by the way I was deemed as a 'FREAK' because i'd bothered to forfeit any claims or compensation with the interests of other people being more important to me at the time!

I had never used a BBS before and just assumed that what could be said and i'd heard from others could also be mentioned on the open channel..at the end of the day I managed to get the message across and the Tuners where dealt with by others with caution in mind...and I would certainly do the same again if I encountered similiar experiences...we all have a right to know these things..surely thats one of the benefits of having a BBS!!!!!!

:tomato:

i only take my car to mark at phoenix, cant fault his cusomter serivce and he knows how to close a bonnet.
Spot on! Mark & Paul at Phoenix are a pleasure to do business with. I definately think .. Phoenix should register on the BBS as a trader.

From servicing to turbo conversions .. those guys are very good.

I dont trust ANYONE these days...and I prefer to stay with the car whilst works carried out because in my experience...they WILL drive it about and they will bodge things if you are not standing over them

I think Phoenix understand that ... a good reputation and solid customer services = good business.

You won't go wrong with doing business with Phoenix.

Besides - Mark has done quite afew Supra turbo conversions. So, when the time comes for you to rip out your stock twins and put a Boost Logic Turbo kit in there ... Mark is your man! :)

Guest Terry S
I definately think .. Phoenix should register on the BBS as a trader.

From servicing to turbo conversions .. those guys are very good.

I think Phoenix understand that ... a good reputation and solid customer services = good business.

You won't go wrong with doing business with Phoenix.

Watch this space. Actually Mark is already a member under the Vortex banner, but need to get him to get his arse on here so and pressure welcome guys.

Why, I was there this very Tuesday.

I have a problem with the car. Mark was only too happy to look at it and give his honest opinion (One of those crappy hard to diagnose problems). Very pleasant guys and no wishy washy waffle. I've booked for my UK brakes to be done there. Good location too, next to the train station and near the shopping center....Well the girlfriend was happy to take the opportunity to go shopping :(

:)

Ro