The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need Help. Anyone heard of this?

Ceptik

Since i bought the my Supe in June i noticed a little match-box size component next to the battery under the bonnet. It has 'FET' written at one end and 'Hi-Performance' written at the other. It also has earth and power leads coming from it. It may be connected to some more wiring but i need to check in detail.

It was earthed but not connected to the battery. I decided to connect it up to see what would happen. So far...nothing. Although i have noticed that the revs sit about 100-200 revs less when idling. Haven't tested it on any major roads yet cos she's gasping for fuel at the moment.

Has anyone heard of anything like this? Couldn't seem to find anything on the net..

:tumble:

A few months ago i took off my dash to fit one of the aluminium dash kits and found an FET turbo timer behind the ignition switch. Already plugged in and working, its not an auto one hence why i didnt notice it kicking in before then as it needs switching on each time you use it. Could be something like this. Take the dash off and check to see if you have a turbo timer hidden somewhere. As tbourner says they are often taken off or hidden to stop them getting robbed on the boats. Ill have a look at my engine bay later and see if i can spot anything similar.