The mkiv Supra Owners Club

stone chips....

DBR

ok guys/girls, i have a few stone chips on the suup with a few that are begining to go a little bit rusty? :thumbdown,

What have you done in this situation?, i have heard good thinkgs about chips away but dont know how good the colour match will be with my ten yr old paintwork. :scare:

Obviously a full re-spary would be ideal but i havnt got the funds at the moment, is there a tempery solution to cover them up & stop the rust untill i can afford a respray?, i was thinking maybe a chipstick from halfords, but will filling the chip with chipstick wax hold in all the moisture.

any ideas peeps :idea:

thanks

if you use a chipstick, it'll make them look better but will solve nothing with the rust. I would sujest getting the areas cleaned up of the rust and blown in. This can look very unnoticable, and much cheaper than a full paint job. It cant look any worse than rusty chips. you can also get rust inhibiter, which claims to use a chemical reaction to cheange the rust back into harmless metal. just comes in a bottle from a motorfactors. but the best all round outcome for cheapness and appearance is blowing area, or panel in.