The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello!

Guest royal

Hi guys,

Thought I'd do the good thing and say hello. I drive a Zed and posted on the related thread. I like all performance cars and have been telling my mate who owns a nice silver Supra in Hayle,Cornwall to join your board. I don't think he has yet but maybe he will soon. Cheers Dave :thanku: :idea: :looney:

here's a phot of my Zed because I know you'll all love it! :looney: :shrug:

edit - hmm bit big that phot. no offence intended.

Looks really nice that mate, nice car. Just think though with all the money you probably spent doing that you could have had a Supra! :nyah:

5 or 6 years ago i test drove a 300ZX Auto. I was really impressed with it, although i did spin it on the test drive!

Last owner spent all the money mate, only thing I've spent out on is brembos from a r34 Gtr (not on the pic). You could buy two for the price of a Supra!. Thanks for the comments guys. I'll get some phots of my mates Supra for you, then he'll have to join! Dave

Ventongimps? not sure but probably as I've not seen any other silver ones around there. Looked very nice. I think he just needs some UK spec/big brakes on there to finish it off. There's also another silver one where I work in Plymouth, don't know if he's already on here as I don't get a chance to speak to him. Dave

Nice one, I'll keep a look out. I've got family in Hayle, Crowlas and Penzance. You might see me driving back up to Plymouth on a monday after the weekend. Theres another NA red Zed that does it too. I'll keep an eye out for you. There seem to be a few performance cars turning up down there lately, I'm sure everyone used to be too skint! Dave

Its a little under 1 bar, greddy e-01, uprated pistons and conrods, knife-edge crank,360thrust bearing uprated turbos, 6k on engine build so good as new really with none of the usual problems. Dyno'd at 340hp at rear wheels so prob 400 at the crank I guess. The uprated internals could handle a lot more, higher boost, bigger tubs but I prefer the safety edge so I can rag it a bit. This was why I ended up buying it as originally I was going to put a new engine into my old Zed that I'd blown a couple of pistons on (boost jets + dodgey boost gauge + not knowing any better = dead zed baby). Dave

Has anybody on the Z forum done any single turbo conversions ? What's the Z like with a juicy blower on it ?

As said mate, not much room to do that. I have seen someone who was doing it though, but I'm not sure of the results. Someone in the US I think (the Zed is a lot bigger over there, as thats where the most were sold). The V6 made the weight distrubution more like a mid engined car as its mostly behind the steering rack, good for the handling and general drivability. Bit of a mission to work on though, no space to do anything and the engine has to come out for any tub work. Theres some people putting V8s in at the moment, that should be interesting, I think one is supercharged. Straight sixes on the Supras and Skylines seem to have more scope for tinkering to extreme powers.