The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Started burning my credit card again...

TRD3000GT

Stand fast for a different car next year... Should all be done by March 2006

I have after close consideration decided to keep my Supra ANOTHER year...

My car will be going back for a HP increase and lots of refining end of this year and beginning of next year...

Looking forward to the next summer in a car that will hopefully be everything I want it to be!

I am going to consentrate on also cleaning up the car EVERYWHERE and making the interior the best I can...

I started yesterday by ordering my misano seats in black Alcantara..

Looking forward to 2006 with a much improved beast!

Striving for perfection :thanku:

When I first bought it I never thought I would get to the level of putting on a single but now its done I really cant warrant spending money on a nice M3 or a CSL which is what I considered trading in for...

I really enjoy driving it and after I throw a bit more at it Im sure I can make it everything I want in a modern car but still have the brutal power of the old school...

It just seems that new cars are getting more and more gutless unless you spend circa £100,000

Any how Im really looking forward to getting everything sorted on the car and putting down some more power.. I like the 67 but think I could up my game a bit more ;)

p.s. there will be a BL67 for sale soon :thanku:

TO be honest, the only other car i would have instead of the supra is a murcielago which again couldn't be a daily drive...You can't get the reliability-looks of the supra combined with crazy power of 600bhp+

Chris,im going for some more power too :cool: Its very addictive isn't it?

Stick the HKS V-Pro remap the car with 1.5/1.6, remove the rev limiter to 8,200....It cuts so much power at the moment ( 6,900 ) -

That alone should give me 700bhp thats what Owen told me :D

At the moment i got 490 lbs of torque

They said if they would map it on race fuel that would be an extra 100bhp on the top!!!!

NOS: I 'll install it to use it as lag-cure...

Water injection: will make the car run bit cooler....

With your new turbo and a remap you should have that sort of power....

Port your cylinder head....Its amazing makes big difference with the combination of a good set of cams-

NOS: I 'll install it to use it as lag-cure...

Water injection: will make the car run bit cooler....

-

NOS I so don't agree with as a lag cure. My personal experience of NOS on an N/A supe (which before your turbo's cut in ie your lag period is a pseudo N/A engine) is that at low revs it does absolutely zip. NOS only has any positive effect in the engines actual power band (why else would anyone bother with a progressive controller if you get full power from NOS from the second the car revs). It will increase your upper end power and being a heavily turbo-charged car will be quite significant.

Water injection all I will say is get it get it right now. Mine is only tuned to 474BHP with stock tubbies but I can immediately feel a hefty power drop the instant the water runs out. On a heavily turbo-charged motor I'd consider dual input WI ie before the intercooler and after it.

Doesn't mean it can't be done. The air at that point will evaporate the water mist a lot quicker than after the intercooler and will drop the output temp of the air at the intercooler exit. I'm guessing that maybe theres issues with swirling the water mist into the cooler without it re-forming into droplets? If this is the case then pure meths would solve any corrosion implications of liquid gathering in the intercooler. There are external intercooler sprayers so why not internal?

So you could use pure meths then? .

Oh yeah, that works wonders :yes:

But you are reducing the efficiency of the intercooler, so it's only a smart move if the intercooler is proven to be overwhelmed at those conditions.

I do it at high boost with my SMIC (TRD3000GT's actually ;) ) but it may not make sense if you have a mother of a FMIC

Um how does it reduce the efficiency of the intercooler?? Surely if the intercooler has something assisting it to cool and densen the air then it improves the efficiency or have I got a complete wrong end of the wrong stick?

Is there enough room to inject 2 lots of water spray after the FMIC?

Would WI work on a direct port system like the more expensive nitrous systems do?

And if you went with meths into the FMIC or before it say perhaps into the downpipe before the FMIC would it provide a decent effect or not?

I'm asking as I don't know, I just think too much lol.