The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spacers AGAIN!

Scoboblio

Ok people, another question on wheel spacers :yawn:

I need to fit 3mm spacers to my front wheels in order to facilitate my UK brakes, I've been advised by a wheel alignment centre to put them all round in order to keep everything in balance. Does this sound right?

Will I need longer studs for 3mm spacers or will I get away with the standard ones?

edited coz the tonue smiley doesn't look like it used to!

My car came with 3mm spacers on the front and 4mm on the back for some reason. The front wheel barely clears the UK caliper.

The nuts were only going onto the studs about 6-7mm which I didn't like so I fitted longer studs, they now go on about 25mm which is great.

I suppose it depends on the wheel and how thick the alloy is at the nut seat , this will dictate how much thread you've got to fit the nut on.