The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T67 and Fueling Question

terribleturner

I just had a quick peek on supraforums and theres loads of people running the 61 and 67 on stock (550's) fueling. So not a problem it seems, very interesting.

Had a chat with a US supplier who was doing it for a fairly good price. Can't remember what extras i asked for but his words were "a price on the AEM with the required options would be just about $1790", which isn't too bad i don't think. Fancy a group buy Jake :D

If you want to run a T67 at full chat then you need 650, 680, 720 or 800cc injectors...as you're going AEM you won't have any issues controlling your 880's so I'd use them, though they will be overkill.

550's will just have to be swapped out at a later date ;)

I just had a quick peek on supraforums and theres loads of people running the 61 and 67 on stock (550's) fueling. So not a problem it seems, very interesting.

Had a chat with a US supplier who was doing it for a fairly good price. Can't remember what extras i asked for but his words were "a price on the AEM with the required options would be just about $1790", which isn't too bad i don't think. Fancy a group buy Jake :D

Mig's got one for sale atm in the country with an optional extra....

800 Hi Impedance injectors from PE will drop into a J-spec which is a real bonus, no resistor pack malarky. 800's should fuel a T71...but you'll have to concider other things too..

A T71 would require dual pumps. Then you've got fuel lines to consider and dual feeds to fit....a bit fat return...Adjustable FPR's....maybe switch to an HKS rail....power is expensive!

These 880's you have, what are the specs? Lo-imp, side or top feed?

I agree with Alex, I would be very worried using 550's with a 67. As an aside James, I see you run an auto. Have you thought about the power going through the stock box and also are you changing the TC?

Gonna get the RLTC and will end up getting the auto upgraded too. Your running the BL box arn't you Col? Many issues with it or has it been fine?? There seems to be loads of people on supraforums running the 67 through their stock engines :(

Gonna get the RLTC and will end up getting the auto upgraded too. Your running the BL box arn't you Col? Many issues with it or has it been fine?? There seems to be loads of people on supraforums running the 67 through their stock engines :(

James, I meant the Torque Convertor. I had a 3800 Hi Stall TC fitted as that helped to alleviate the lag problem but does give other issues such as high revving when in town driving stop start. The BL box is superb. No issues at all.

Those 880's will fit an HKS rail....

Right I'm going to suggest. Keep the 880's - get a top feed rail, like the HKS one. (do check with us that the injectors are top feed before starting!!! Pics!)

With the rail in place you'll have fittings for dual IN and single return. All ready for #6 usually (you can probably spec this with some of the rails out there) So dual #6 IN and single #6 return...this means you need a

#6 Aeromotive FPR.

#8 Fuel line and fuel filter

2x#8 Y's

4x #8 to #6 reducers.

2x pumps with #6 connectors which connect to 1 end of the #8 line in the tank via the #8 Y and reducers.

2x #6lines to run from the rail ends to the engine end of the #8line and it's reduce #6 Y's connector...and in the middle of the #8 main line is the #8 fuel filter.

***EDIT - aparrently you can get the Y with the reducers built in***

So you get dual #6'd pumps linked into a #8line which runs to the front of the car via a fuel filter this then Y's off again to the two ends of the rail....

Then it's a #6return, via the FPR all the way to the tank...I believe you can use the old stock fuel line (rerouted) for this rather than buy extra hose.

And like I've said have it all running at 12v perm and use the AEM to control the lot, which it should do no probs.

Possible issues...determining of a pump has died.....not sure how to combat this, probably just a case of alarms on the AFR meter and the EGT one.

When choosing injectors are there any issues with making sure you get ones that have the correct electrical connectors to suit the supra loom connectors? You would want to avoid having to change the loom to injector female connector is poss.

When choosing injectors are there any issues with making sure you get ones that have the correct electrical connectors to suit the supra loom connectors? You would want to avoid having to change the loom to injector female connector is poss.

I'ts quite common for different pig tails to be needed from the standard denso one's.

I believe all HKS and RC Engineering injectors's need new ones. And I think you can get them from BL,MVP etc