The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SLK 350 - how should I do?

merckx

Got up behind a new black SLK 350 at the traffic lights at the start of the motorway, I intended to go the other way to fill up with Optimax but I couldn't help myself!

I thought it's only a 350 and as I've got a VVTI with BPU and I should go past him.

The lights went on green and he rocketed off and caught me a little by surprise, so I took off after him in pursuit.

This Merc was seriously quick , I started to gain very slowly but by this time we were doing about 140 leptons and he was in the outside lane. We both got upto about 160 leptons indicated on an almost deserted motorway.

We were approaching traffic so I slowed and pulled in to turn off, he did the same infront of the traffic and then disappeared.

I aways regret going too fast, just hate the thought of the consequences if I get caught!

I've got to admit , I was a little disappointed that I barely had any advantage if any. He must've slowed after approaching his limiter.

Standard SLK 350

272 BHP

0-60 5.5s

1480KG

Leptons are really small particles...smaller than atoms.

But we've come to know them as a made up speed (I think it was started by me bizarrely enough!!)....ie not admiting in text that you were doing xxxMPH...

now you've given it away, this surely means all lepton claims are going to lead to convictions :faint:

that second or so that it caught you by surprise could mean it's all over if he continues to accelerate too right?

be on the ball next time & you'll win no probs :devil:

SLK350's are quick but not that quick!! I get to drive them most days and I would never of said it was as quick as a Well maintained Supra.

The launch is all important though so if he had you at the start then you would always struggle to get back level unless you had got crazy amounts of power.