The mkiv Supra Owners Club

High Kerb damage

Ceptik

Pulling into MDs for breakfast with a mate and was slowly edging forward into a space. I usually reverse but decided against it this particular morning. Edging slowly towards the kerb and then CRUNCH!!! :faint:

We quickly jumped out and took a look at the front end:

I did get a picture of the kerb from the side view too. It seems that im fine with 'normal' size kerbs but places like McD's have unusually high ones. Bugger!

Is this a new bumper job or do you think it can be mended?

Piece of cake matey,I have repaired my bottom lip on my skyline 3 times now after been broken completely in 2 pieces and once again in the middle ,fibre glass matt behind the crack, sand down the front slightly ,p40 over and around the area and this will hide the slightly raised spot. Sand and spray. Took me longer to get the bumper off than to do the repair .

Ive got the same front as you mate......I took a chunk of paint off mine a while ago, very annoying, my eye is drawn to it straight away

I know how you feel mate! You got it sorted yet?

The whole bumper will not need to be resprayed so dont let them talk you into that ,anymore than 50 quid I would say rip off, whereabouts are you from dude ?.

Really?! Thats great. I'd get it done now (if i weren't at work). Im in Ilford, Essex. Know/recommend anywhere?

I damaged mine when driving of the seacat when I went to the european supra meet. Was about £260 for the fix and a complete respray. :thumbs:

(Hoverspeed payed for the repairs BTW)

Blimey! That is low! Glad they paid for the repairs though. Not a lot of companies would budge that far. BTW, what spotlights/indicators are you using for your bumper and did you have troubles fitting it? Mine juts out on the passenger side. :complain: