The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivsupra.net bitch tank

Jezz

Is it me or is this becoming a bitch board? Can we not lay off the petty accusations and long threads devoted to slagging each other off. Ok if someone has a problem, maybe its better off being dealt with privately, and not aired in public on a thread, let alone two whole threads! It has now become tedious and boring to log on and constantly be faced with members arguments. I for one joined this forum to chat with like minded enthusiasts of the mkiv supra, not to get involved with, or read heated discussions about peoples problems with each other. After talking to a few members at a meet last night, they hold the same opinions as me. After a while people will start logging off and moving to other forums permanantly. RANT OVER! :swear:

I agree - It seems to me that 2 individuals are responsible for the majority of these "bitching" sessions, and that the overall quality of the forum seems to be taking a hit. However I feel the need to point out, that the majority of the rest of the posts around these threads are still "the good old forum". My main concern is that the most recent thread is completely one sided, with red.. away and unable to defend himself (giving him the benefit of the doubt). The "plaintif" in this case has used his allocation of free posts, and has since reregistered under a new user id to continue the barrage. I wonder whether a mod should close the threads until red returns to prevent the continual character assasination.

hopefully the club spirit will continue, and new potential members won't be put off by these problem threads.

:soap:

Mike

:yeahthat:

I have to bang enough heads together at work.... I believe that this forum is a geat place to seek solace and support, but school-yard bickering holds no place here... maybe we should get the mods to police up on this... :oops: :run:

Spot for a new smilie.... "Grown-ups rule!" ;)

Seriously though the great thing aboout the MKIV Supra group is that we hold oursleves up as being more grown up than the chavs... let's keep it up and get back to the spirit of the thing... :love: :thumbs:

The amount technical know-how on this board is very high. There's alot of cool & funny people here - WSB keeps us entertained by texting the wrong girlfriend for example. Or someone throwing fuel down a sewage drain & lighting a match. :rlol:

Also - the traders on here are members approved .. and within reason, can get you anything you want for your car. Finding a mechanic with Supra know-how won't be hard.

So ..

After a while people will start logging off and moving to other forums permanantly.

I kinda doubt that.

Oh yeah dont get me wrong, the majority of threads are worth reading, interesting and usefull. But it seems that alot of threads recently have some sort of argument in them. Just as you're scrolling through an interesting thread someone comes out with.... 'yeah, well you're a tosser and you know nothing'.....and one thing leads to another.

I guess folks have different attitudes to conflict. It doesn't bother me at all but then I love a good arguement.

In the group I frequented before this one folks would argue all the time, just for fun, and nobody got really upset about it. I was used to that culture and became like that myself. Thanks to Paul E and Aerotop Dave I now know it doesn't go down well on this forum though. I make a concious effort to be less confrontational than I used to be. I quite often type out a long reply and then don't send it :D

This is a club, it has a forum available to all members, which is moderated...IMO, members should feel that they can post what is on their minds at any particular time, whether they be pissed, pissed-off or downright suicidal...The mods have the discretion to referee private spats, and as has been said above, no-ones forcing anyone to read long posts.