The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My dyno part 2!

Tom

Well about 10 months ago I had the car dynoed at surrey rolling road and the car produced pretty dismal result;

see here;

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=30225

and after weeks of trying to figure out what the problem was it turned out to be a faulty IACV VSV, the original result was 268bhp at the fly and 220bhp atw.

today though at new location, engine advantages in witham essex with the problem resolved the car produced 321.8bhp/295lbft atf and roughly 255bhp atw although I saw the dyno machine read in to the 270's atw so unsure of that?

So over 50 more horses at the fly for somthing that took 30 secs to change! nice!

Really pleased with the result and it was a hell of a lot warmer than last time! about 15 degrees warmer!

I still have the same mods as last time which is air filter and cat back exhaust.

Tom.

dyno before 1.JPG

dyno after1.JPG

yeah the IACV vsv is part of stock twin set up and it brings both turbo's fully online.

It would work in the morning when this valve was cold but after 2 runs the boost would just drop off which was annyoing, so in came phoenix in watford to the rescue and they happened to have a spare one which I changed then it was working perfectly again.

The funny thing was that I knew there was something wrong even before my 1st dyno, I was just convinced something was iffy! but i'm glad something was wrong in a way as I learnt a hell of a lot while trying to solve the problem!

You should be able to watch the IACV actually funcitoning if you rev the car while staionary which mine did not, so once the new one was in and moving I knew it was going to be fine again, also what was annoying is that I fixed this a week before leaving the country for 6 months so I didn't get the summer to play about in it! oh well, I guess the modding can begin now though so that's cool!

Good result, but to be honest you really should try to take it back to Surrey RR and do another run there with the improvements. This way you can at least factor out the chance that the run was higher at the second location because of a different RR machine. :ok: