The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance.....why so cheap.

Guest Head-worx

Guest Head-worx

I'm 25 with only one years NCB. I have been quoted £656 fully comp on a Veilside kitted, 18 inch rimmed '94 normally aspirated MkIV import. :clap:

My omega V6 is more to insure than that!!!!!!! :Pling:

The Supra is a quality car - does anyone know why insurance is so cheap on it?

Guest Head-worx

They definitly are mate. The Mk3 stopped being produced in 92 i think, and i asked for a '94.

Has anyone else got decent insurance quotes? Who with?

They often call it the F1 - my old insurers did even though I sent them photos and magazine cuttings showing my old car as an SZ!! Muppets!

Same problem I had with the bigger insurers (like Direct Line and Admiral). Kept saying the only '93 model Supra they have is an 'FI' and they would just put it down as that... I thought that was pretty dodgy since again I was telling them the car was a SZ

does seem to be a cheap car to insure IMO

i only pay £460 fully comp with protected claims on a twin turbo model, im 24 and insured it when was 23. :nana: :nana:

thats with admiral (and its defo insured as a mkiv :thumbs: )

You sure thats right? I was insured with admiral until the weekend. Best they could do me was £980 and that was for a NA on an L plate with 7 years NCB and I'm 28...

I have declared after market kit, wheels, induction kit and exhaust though.

Didn't think you could protect a years no claims either?

might be the area you live in, that makes a big difference to the quote.

plus, put a parent, preferably your mum, on your insurance, as a named driver, it'll bring your quote down £100's and £100's of £s.

i have 5years no claims, thats why ive protected it, costs a little bit more to do.

its defo right :yes:

was £690 last year. thats with all the bits and bobs declaired too.