The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance...

Markie

Just letting you know of my dealings with them.

Had a re-quote for this year from Bell Direct... The misses and I insured came to £740.

Thought I would try this Sky Insurance place, with just me on the policy. Answer I got was "Well, that quote you have seems very good, let me speak with the underwriters and get back to you in 5 minutes..." Heard nothing since.

That was a few days ago, seems they arnt the best on price and the feeleing I got from them was that their quote was not even going to be close to the Bell Direct quote.

Both policys are with the car being marked as modified..

Did you Guys speak to either Jae or Scott .. theyre the two that deal with this club and more importantly know Supras. They were brilliant with me, got me the best quote (fully declared and fixed valuation) and also didnt charge when I went from Hybrids to Single ... top blokes :yes:

I KNOW Scott was on holiday last week 'cos i got some woman who.....err..

...wasn't quite with it ! ! !

Scott knew SZ's etc.

The only fault SO far is i'm still waiting from 3 1/2 weeks ago for documents

IN FACT they've just issued me a SECOND Cover Note which seems a tad

pessimistic :(

(the 'woman' said 3-4 weeks is quite normal ?? but i've never had to wait

THAT long before, normally 2 days - 1 week ! ! !)

FatS.

You guys who have had a cheaper quote, i would ask your insurers how much they would pay out if you wrote the car off?

I was with tesco and all declared as modified and i was paying a much higher premium for the priviledge, but they were cheaper than sky. I asked the above question and they said they would only pay out 6k maximum so that made my mind up right away and went to sky who agreed 15k at a £200 a year more than tesco!

Beware...

Id be annoyed if that was the case as usually i shop around everyone for a quote and i only went to sky as the club recomended them and said they were cheaper etc :eek:

I have had a good experience with them but im not liking what im hearing about them so when its up for renewal i might do a bit of shopping around...

They were excellent for me, saved about £600 on my renewal quote from Tesco. As far as I can see like any insurance company its down to your personal circumstances and their policies.

Personally I think anyone is daft not to shop around. An insurer will cover the masses, but there will always be people outside the criteria they can cater for.

I spoke to Scott and he seemed to know supra's inside out..... but I really think that anyone under 25 is going to struggle, £2500 seems to be their "go away and stop bothering us" figure.

That said I'll definately be going back to them in a year or so's time, seems that for the over 25's they're quite good.

They were good for me too. Like any insurance company though they simply wont be good for every member its just not possible.

Mattsz I have to say I'm surprised Lancaster quoted you £1100! Only 21 no NCB an import and a write off that has to be the every tick in the how to demand a huge premium book.

It might be worth me mentioning that when I spoke to Jae he mentioned that they don't usually cover Supras, unless they come through the club. That might explain why some of you are getting astronomic quotes.

SupraDibbs: you got a quote of £1200 through Norwich Union :Pling: They quoted me 1900 before I mentioned any mods 29 6yrs noclaims, they said if I was 30 it would have dropped by 500 quid :swear:

Mike