The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wrecked U.S. Supra

merckx

damn man! you know....iv only been on here 3 weeks and owned my supra 3 weeks. I spanked mine into a lamp post already and felt stupid for loosing it, BUT it seems to me supras dont like going in a straight line, or staying on tarmac one way or another. I didnt realise this was so common.

Every day its, lost the back end here, lost the back end there, another crash here etc.

What can be done to help thse things stay on the road?

damn man! you know....iv only been on here 3 weeks and owned my supra 3 weeks. I spanked mine into a lamp post already and felt stupid for loosing it, BUT it seems to me supra dont like going in a straight line, or staying on tarmac one way or another. I didnt realise this was so common.

Every day its, lost the back end here, lost the back end there, onother crash here etc.

What can be done to help thse things tay on the road?

Do what I do.

Keep it in the garage

at least he walked away, thats wats good about them cars i mean if u done the same crash in a corsa ud be dead

Rolled my first car, a rusty old Peugeot 104 :haha: 4 times and it looked a LOT better than that Supra, mate and I walked away without a scratch, could have been VERY different :blink:

seems to me supras dont like going in a straight line, or staying on tarmac one way or another. I didnt realise this was so common.

Every day its, lost the back end here, lost the back end there, another crash here etc.

What can be done to help thse things stay on the road?

Please don't blame the car. Learn to drive a powerfull RWD car. Seriously.

These cars aren't to be messed with. If you fuck about in a Supra and don't know what you're doing you will pay the price. But you know that now.

I've got a couple of Supras and have done over 35000 miles without biffing either of them. Sure I've lost the rear end a couple of times, we all have, but nothing I couldn't recover without going off the road.

Mate, I know you're gutted about your car, I would be too, but it's really not the car's fault. Sorry :(

These cars aren't to be messed with. If you fuck about in a Supra and don't know what you're doing you will pay the price. But you know that now.

I've got a couple of Supras and have done over 35000 miles without biffing either of them. Sure I've lost the rear end a couple of times, we all have, but nothing I couldn't recover without going off the road.

Mate, I know you're gutted about your car, I would be too, but it's really not the car's fault. Sorry :(

Yep, been there, done it, cars in the shop being repaired, 4 years of ownership. about 50,000 miles, no probs, then 10 seconds of mayhem and £6000 later it will be back on the road.

Edited to add the following.

Like most people (I'm fairly sure of this) the car is great at speed when everything is 'in control' but how many of us REALLY know how to handle a car when it get's out of the comfort zone. Not me for one.

Yep, been there, done it, cars in the shop being repaired, 4 years of ownership. about 50,000 miles, no probs, then 10 seconds of mayhem and £6000 later it will be back on the road.

Edited to add the following.

Like most people (I'm fairly sure of this) the car is great at speed when everything is 'in control' but how many of us REALLY know how to handle a car when it get's out of the comfort zone. Not me for one.

Well said. We can all get a little over confident at times and take a few liberties, but with these cars that can be dangerous.

Not until you've found the car is out of control, will you really find out how far your 'talent' stretches.

For many of us, that means we end up thanking our lucky stars that we just got away with it again or wishing we could turn the clock back 10 secs and then filling out insurance forms.

• 1 year later...

Here here", I learnt the hard way and got away with a few bumps and bruises to both me and the car, I have now learnt to respect all this power::innocent:

And for those of you that will mention the liquor as well, yes I have learnt my lesson there as well ;) ;) ;)

Ouch that's nasty.

I knew the Supra was a lovely, but wild, car to drive, and I learnt that through first hand experience after owning it a month. I was only doing about 30mph round a longish, slightly wet bend and out the rear came. Caused quite a bit of damage but was very, very lucky.

Since then I treat her with total respect. In the wet, I hold up traffic and obey all speed limits and keep an extra 5-10mph under those too. In the dry, I play a little bit, but only enought to let her know I still love her without being to 'bashful'.

Greg