The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Idling problem on FTO

Suprasteve

The misses car is a manual 2.0 V6 (non mivec). 1994 model. I think its a GR spec ?

she got home from work today and complained that everytime she put her foot on the clutch it cut out.

If you turn the key it starts up revs to about 3,000 rpm then dies. I can keep from cutting out if i push on the accelerator pedal but soon as i let go it stools.

I flipped the bonnet up, stared at the engine for 2 mins before rubbing my chin and shutting it again.

I will check/clean the following:

Already checked petrol and has half a tank

Check for popped off / split pipes

Clean the air flow sensor

Check spark plugs

Please list a few other things for me to check.

Is there simply a screw i can turn to speed the tick over up ?

HELP PLEASE ! :giveup:

Thanks Sebrina

I thought you might be the first to answer.

I read that link and it seems like all the symptoms point at either a dirty or knackered "stepper motor" whatever that is. Don't suppose you have you have a photo of the engine bay with a big arrow pointing at it so i know what to check do you?

• 3 years later...
Guest matt_s_r

there is a screw on the throttle body with a nut on it all you have to do is screw it in to increace the revs at tickover i baught an fto last week had the same problem this is all i had to do to solve it the fto should tickover at 900-950 rpm this is definately the first thing you should try

the screw is located on the throttle body below and behind where the throttle cable gos into it