The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Driver Down this morning

Guest whele

I saw a very sad sight this morning, 09:20 Stadhampton in Oxfrodshire, very nice brown/bronze supra with wheels and skirt kit.

Why is that sad you are asking……it had just spun off the road and in the process of being recovered. The O/S rear wheel had snapped off completely and the N/S tyre was off the rim, both presumable the result of the kerbs and grass bank interface. It appeared to have lots of lower body damage.

I looked for the driver but couldn’t see him/her around the car. I hope they were OK, I didn’t see any ambulance at the scene.

Humans heal naturally cars don't.

Unless your dead, or permanent brain damage, or paralysed from the neck down, in which case owning a Supra thats in pristine condition is small compensation. ;)

But I know what your saying, I wouldn't want to lose mine either (Supra that is...).

Can we just stop saying "As long as the driver is OK, cars can be fixed!", I'd rather be in hospital for 4 months and come out to a perfectly gleaming car than be completely unhurt but have a smashed up supe on my hands for the next 6 months!! Humans heal naturally cars don't.

Same here!

Humans can heal themselves. :looney:

Cars can't :no:

Unless your dead, or permanent brain damage, or paralysed from the neck down, in which case owning a Supra thats in pristine condition is small compensation. ;)

But I know what your saying, I wouldn't want to lose mine either (Supra that is...).

Yeah and I've said before the nasty accidents are worthy of a word or two about 'hoping you're OK'.

But there are the '160mph into a wall with no seatbelt on' crashes, and the '30mph spin round a roundabout and hit a bollard' crashes, I'm betting 99.9% of the ones mentioned on this forum are more akin to the latter than than the former.

And I'm not saying anything nasty, of course I hope people are OK after an accident, but saying "the car can be repaired at least you're unhurt" seems a bit stupid at times, unless the car rolled or was obviously REALLY badly damaged, then I'd rather be told my car is easily fixable than that I'm not hurt that badly!!