The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Final Question on this...

Suprachargedtt

Sorry to keep on at you guys but if someone can help me out on this i promise i wont ask anymore,

I have used the "search" button before anyone mentions it but i still cant find the answer i need.

Every week we get asked about wheel, Tyre, Offsets etc for a standard sup, but i cant find the, "best" or "used" offsets, recomended for use with Veilside overfenders??

Can anyone put me out of my miserie and tell me? Im sure you guys who have them will know? what are you guys useing? Surely one of the Traders can answer?

Im really after a new set of wheels and if i can find a set i like with the correct offset needed with the overfenders then i will get them too!!

Any constructive help appreciated

James

I'm not sure that there will be a definitive answer since so few people use over fenders. I don’t think traders will be able to advise you on what is best for performance & handling, only what is available and what would "fit and look right". If you are serious about having good handling then perhaps you would be best advised to contact someone like Chris Wilson.

try contacting cj. also envy would know

When I bought my Braid wheels, Ibrar had me measure the distance between hub and outside of the wheel arch so that they could be made with the correct offset. When they were sold, the Do-Lucks only came in one offset so I had to get spacers made to bring them out and fill the arches.

When I bought my Braid wheels, Ibrar had me measure the distance between hub and outside of the wheel arch so that they could be made with the correct offset. When they were sold, the Do-Lucks only came in one offset so I had to get spacers made to bring them out and fill the arches.

cj, im considering using spacers to bring my wheels out as they dont make racing harts any wider than 10". can you tell me how much you paid for the spacers and where from? also what size were the spacers

As you can tell im all confused on this but will a 40/38 offset bring the wheel out of the arch enough? Ive found some wheels i liek and have been told their available in 40 or 18 offset??

CJ - Were the spacers you had made any special type as ive been advised against spacers? or have i been told porkies? its difficult to know who to listen to etc thats why i thought id ask you guys :thumbs:

I dont want to buy the Overfenders if i cant get the wheels to fit and look right on there...

As you can tell im all confused on this but will a 40/38 offset bring the wheel out of the arch enough? Ive found some wheels i liek and have been told their available in 40 or 18 offset??

CJ - Were the spacers you had made any special type as ive been advised against spacers? or have i been told porkies? its difficult to know who to listen to etc thats why i thought id ask you guys :thumbs:

I dont want to buy the Overfenders if i cant get the wheels to fit and look right on there...

Speak to Ibrar my old mate. He is very knowledgable whe it comes to all things wheels :thumbs:

Ok ill give Ibrar a call in the morning,

I thought an 18 offset sounded better, i was just concerend as it sounded majorly different to 40!

The sizes im looking at are 19x8.5 upfront and 19x10 at rear, so if i got a 18 offset for the rears and 40 offset for the front? does that sound about right?

I dont really go on supraforums much but if i dont get any luck with Ibrar in the morning i will try them then

Cheers