The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nürburgring

Need4Speed

I'm off to do the Nürburgring in October with a few Porsche mates but have just seen this on the web site.

"The Nürburgring GmbH is actively committed to environmental protection, which incorporates noise prevention. Therefore, all vehicles must comply to the noise limits laid down in the house rules (95 db according to near-field measurement).

Noisier vehicles are excluded from driving on the Nordschleife!"

Has anybody here met this noise limit problem? 95db is quiet!

They let my brothers de-cat RX7 through and thats louder than hell. A friend got pulled up with his bike due to a race pipe he had on it. Depends if they are even checking... someone told me they have sound monitoring equipment on the first bridge, but the 2 times I've been Ive not had any issues nor seen anyone in a car be pulled up for it either.

Don't worry - as said above, they don't check before you go out.

Just be sensible and don't draw unwarranted attention. You'll know what I mean when you see it.

Mind you, there's not much chance of being anything else near the entrance - you'll be far too busy avoiding all the bikes and 911s...

I went there on a bike with 106db cans last month, no problems at all. Just take it easy when the barrier goes up and you will be fine.

A bit of advice - Decide before you go onto the circuit, are you going round the top or the bottom of the carrousels, when you get to the corner its too late to decide then.

Have fun and bring it back in one piece