The mkiv Supra Owners Club

oh dear

SupraTT2004

Think I just had undercover officer looking around me car. I have left the supra at home today, and my mum rung me to say there is a middle aged man looking at my car. Which I happen to get alot. so was not to bothered. Then got my mum to go out a ask questions and all the guy wanted to no was, the stick on front number plate was that put on by the garage or did your son do it himself? mum didnt answer because she dont no.

Anyways got back into his estate car and mum said he was reading paperwork. all sounds a bit spooky to me. He also asked when I will be in so he can have a chat to me?

anyone think undercover? or just a person asking questions. but all he wanted to no was about the stickon number plate.

IMO and as far as I know, Police don't do "undercover" just to look at cars parked up. (Too busy doing other stuff like nicking otherwise law abiding speeders!).

It could be, that there has been a spate of thefts of similar cars and they're looking for ringers. But I doubt very much your local plod will send someone out on a "fishing" expedition to stick you on for some minor road traffic offence.

Also there's no point phoning your local plod, as the uniform won't know if the CID or a squad are upto something cos its a case of left arm right arm.

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

A nice touch is when you come out armed with a digital camera and take a couple of pictures of the car and the fellar.

The effect is remarkable, be prepared to be assaulted, lol....

Move quick though, reeeeeally pisses people off, even though they shouldn't have anything to fear if they are bona-fide officers as they claim.

Also there's no point phoning your local plod, as the uniform won't know if the CID or a squad are upto something cos its a case of left arm right arm.

I just meant report 'dodgy bloke hanging around my car and worrying my mother', not 'is he Police' or anything.... everything like this is worth getting logged, you never know if you'll need it later...

I just said this because if it was old bill, and they just going to pull me up just because of a stick on number plate, surely they have better things to do,

be funny if it was a thief, got a clifford CAT1 alarm to deal with and a big trained dog, laying by the front door. lol

anyways, thanks for the ideas....

No mum didnt get number plates as she is nearly blind, well can just about see in front of her. If only my german shepherd could speak english and not woof, woof. lol

The car is on my drive, so off road. TAX, MOT, Insured etc...

Surely if its a german shepherd, it would only talk german anyway

• 2 weeks later...