The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Polishing and painting headlights 98 look for only 80 pounds

Pedroby

Everybody with a Supra MK4 with the plastic headlights knows that the lights look like shit after years. A dusty lens of the headlights makes your car look :thumbdown

I know there are some 'how to's' for polishing and cleaning the headlights, but it's still riskfull to damage your expensive headlights when your not the handyman yourself.

I could do that job for you. I can polish the inside and outside ot the lenses of the headlights. Paint the chrome part any colour you want (maybe colour coded to your car). Or black to create the 98 look and save a lot of money at the expensive new headlights. But thats your owen choice! You can even let them chrome.

The price for painting in any colour you like incl polishing and make your headlights like new!! is only 80 pounds ex. shipping costs.

Here is an example of the headlights i've done on my car. I've left chrome rings around the projectors like the 98 look.

You could send me a pm if your interested.

Before:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/504000-504999/504137_74_full.jpg

After:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/504000-504999/504137_75_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/504000-504999/504137_79_full.jpg '

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/504000-504999/504137_80_full.jpg

Lovatt charges £100 and he's :

1. Trusted by the members on here
  2. Known to do good quality work
  3. Based in the UK so cheaper shipping

And he ha paid a traders fee :ok:

What is it lately? We seem to be having an influx of people posting just to sell us stuff!

You only have to make shipping costs to me. I'll pay the costs for the way back.

Colour coded respray is not a problem!

Okay. i'll make it 70 pounds for UK peepz.

And there was a time Lovatt wasn't known by members here too, isn't it? There will always be a first time.

I'm searching for some exchange units. So if there is someone with headlights for sale, please let me know!

When i get the lights, i'll send them refurbed back in only 24 hours!!

I'll find out what shipping will cost and post it asap.

if i was a shop or commercial person i'd pay a traders fee for sure.

But I only refurb headlights 'el cheapo' so Supra owners can get headlights like new for a good price. Is that a crime out here?

So when i buy 2nd hand headlights, change them and sell them out and do that a few times that would make a difference?

When there are lots of peeps who are interested I would be the last person to complain about a traders fee. If you don't mind i'll wait for some reactions of interested people, first!

Pedroby,

I think you might be getting the backlash from some other recent incidents where unofficial traders have been trying to muscle in on the scene here. You seem to be a genuine guy but you're offering a service that one of our existing traders already provides.

You see, our resident traders pay for the priveildge of hawking their wares on here and folks don't take kindly to someone who hasn't been OK'd bursting upon the scene.

I just wanted to explain the situation a bit because I guess you might be a bit surprised by the reaction you're getting here.

Cheers

Pedroby,

I think you might be getting the backlash from some other recent incidents where unofficial traders have been trying to muscle in on the scene here. You seem to be a genuine guy but you're offering a service that one of our existing traders already offers.

You see, our resident traders pay for the priveildge of hawking their wares on here and folks don't take kindly to someone who hasn't been OK'd bursting upon the scene.

I just wanted to explain the situation a bit because I guess you might be a bit surprised by the reaction you're getting here.

Cheers

:yeahthat:

Thnx Jake!

That was exactly what I was thinking.

I was trying to help other people with the same problem that I had with the headlights. And I know there are a lot of peeps with two left hands who can't do the job. And I think the price is not a price what make me a rich man :(

But if the mods don't want this kind of posts on the forum, then you can lock this topic.

Peace fellas! :looney: