The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Talk to me about nitrous please

afreemason

OK guys and gals ...... I need to find out about nitrous fairly quickly and don't know the first thing about it. Pro's vs con's, how stable is it? if I put it on a car less than 12 months old how easy is it gona be to take it off for trade in ? Realistically how often do people who have it use it? Ongoing costs of refills etc and anything else worth knowing.

I'm asking here cus I know you guys use it or at least have considered it.

I did have nitrous on my N/A. In my experience its not worth the hassle unless you live very near a supplier (which I found I didn't) and also its only any good if you have the thing switched on when you need it and have gas when you need it. It is also a bit of a short lasting hit. Don't get me wrong it is a good laugh but its sodding expensive. I'd personally say get it for track or 1/4 miling but don't bother with expecting it to be much use to you on road (ps its illegal on the road to boot)

Thanks guys ....... bit of reading there but based on what dangerous brain was saying looks like I might be making do with a few pullies at best till I can afford a S/C or maybe a TT or alternatively I can fit in a supe for more than half an hour !!!!!!!

Motley's just informed me that she's the only one in this house allowed to own a supe and any TT supe would obviously be hers AND she won't let me drive it ........ and my incentive to continue to contribute to this relationship is ??????? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

I have decided that the car is going to stay at least until after next summer. It now becomes a winter project to get things sorted body wise and think of other engne mods to make it a bigger beast!

I am based at Abingdon close to oxford. Anytime you or Motley fancies a gander, let me know and we can meet up. :yes:

I HAVE IT , SELL IT AND USE IT AND THE BEST PLACE TO FIND OUT ABOUT IT IS HERE MATE- www.noswizard.com

THERES AFORUM AS WELL AS SITE FULL OF INFO , PLUS I LL DO YOU DISCOUNT ON ANY OF THE PRODUCTS YOU SEE ON THE SITE IF YOU ORDER THROUGH ME.

Nice start mate. Handful of posts and pissing folks off already. Are you aware that you can only become a trader on here once the members have voted and approved your application?