The mkiv Supra Owners Club

We own MK3's!!!

edd_t

The one in the pic is not coming up on dvla website.

May have had a personal plate put on since the review or been crashed.

would be interesting to find out

Says Steve Sutcliffe at the top - didn't he used to write for 'Car' magazine way back? Looks like an old article too.

its funny..I read your thread title and knew exactly what you were refering to straight away...I read that article till about half way and realised the Jorno..had no -idea..didn't even know which model he was talking about, i reckon they 'pool' these journalist' to save money he prob works for 'Mother and Baby' magazine and 'Toupe Monthly' or something too

Ive come up against the Mk3 not Mk4 brigade before....a guy who was a walking motoring encyclopedia - his argument was that the 'Mk1' was actually not a Supra at all, but a Celica Mk3, and was never sold in the UK...hence the true Supras only started with what we call the Mk2....he was as adamant as adam adamant, and as some would say, very wrong.

Please mallet me if Im wrong, but the Celica 1 and 2 looked alike except for the nose....Celica 3 was a Mustang wannabe, Celica 4 was a right horse but was stretched and widened to become the Celica Supra Mk1, first with 4 cyl then 6 cyl in line around ,79....Celica Supra Mk2 was a Capri 2.8 contender but IMO didnt handle well at all - Lotus tried to sort this out and it got butcher wheelarches and wheels at the same time....v. nice in black by the way

Oh, and theres a pic of a Mk3 owner who got his tyre aspect ratios wrong

celica_xA4x.jpg

CAS5U70D.jpg

celica_xA6x.jpg

supra_MA6x.jpg

CAX3VM6L.jpg