The mkiv Supra Owners Club

potential good news (2jz-gte)

RobAce

hi peeps my be some good news.

my dad owns an m.o.t centre. not sure if you know this but m.o.ts are going all computerized, this means when you go for an mot the tester has to type in your number plate and chassis code and up pops your car and displays wot is testible.

right now to the point last week 'klump' had his 94 j-spec tested and much to his delight the comp poped up with NO cat test :confused: , so knowing this we tested my 93 j-spec and snap no cat test :clap: :clap: :clap: , and it is looking like all j-spec 2jz-gte up to 95 are non cat testible.

this means you can keep your de-cat pipes on and still pass on emissons.

you still do the test but have higher allowances which jap cars blitz any way

Erm, no I don't think so...

First used between 1/8/92 and 31/7/94 - advanced emission test (CAT) if its running on petrol when presented, to the vehicle specific limits usually around CO

Those were fast idle quotes for the basic test.

Gaz.

Erm, no I don't think so...

First used between 1/8/92 and 31/7/94 - advanced emission test (CAT) if its running on petrol when presented, to the vehicle specific limits usually around CO

Those were fast idle quotes for the basic test.

Gaz.

hay i just know that when we put the cars in the comp said that the cat test woz not applicable, still had to do an emisions test but did not need to be as low as the cat test. ask klump