The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Number Plates in PHOTOS ? ?

Steve W

Should peeps still try NOT to post photos up that show members

(or even NON-members !) Number Plates ? ? ?

[been seeing a lot recently where they're EASILY visible]

I've been 'away' from the board for a while, but, when i left it was

quite frowned upon - i assume because it gives ANYBODY viewing the board

a perfect opportunity to match plates with cars / names / areas etc etc

I usually try to rub-out or mosaic the numbers (especially mine !)

YES, if a car or "Number" Thief wanted he could easily

"track-down" the car he was interested in, but why make it any easier.

RULING ? ? ?

Doesn't matter ? ? ?

" Trivial CR*P.... SOD OFF FatS " ? ? ? :tomato:

FatS.

I think it's because people can copy your car, get another car the same colour and get your number plate on it, then they can do pretty much anything they like from speeding to armed robbery getaway car (which lets be honest the supra would be brilliant at!!), and as long as they don't get caught at the time you then have to explain to the police that you didn't do it because they'll turn up at your door and arrest you!!

TBH I don't think many people would copy most of the cars on here to the level they are modified, and it wouldn't therefore be that difficult to prove that it wasn't your car (when they see it in the drive when they turn up at your door for example!!), so I don't bother with it too much.

Basically anybody can see your number plate on the road and match it to your car.... so putting it up on the internet really wouldn't make a difference.

The difference is, that you could spend several years trying to find the easiest version to copy from the street/road, but if you go to a car specific website, it can take you less than 5 minutes.

true

but also if somebody is following you, the car make and model is usually on the back of a car, and in order to create a copy all they need for the CCTV (or speed camera etc.) is the right colour, make, model and number plate. (plus any obvious scratches etc.)

if somebody is going to try and properly clone a vehicle they would obviously need the VIN and other identifying documents etc. That would be a proper mistake to post such info onto a website.

I guess that if owners don't want their reg plate on the web then all they need do is shout up.

I know I've taken images of our club cars at various shows and meet ups... if anybody wants them removed then please let me know.