The mkiv Supra Owners Club

newbie help: TOYOTA SUPRA 3.0 6 cylinder 2+2

heartworm

Looking at getting a supra in the next month or so, or as soon as I can tbh, what does the 2+2 mean in this advert, is it somethign really simple im missing?

advert

Only have around 8K to play with, thats me hopeing to get an £800 trade in for my current car (lowest valuation to date, someone has put a nice big key mark up the side, its a vectra 2.5 V6 P reg) so looking at the non-turno price range I think. Anywhere else to look other than autotrader? :help:

that car looks like mine with different wheels!! (and mine's an auto)....

the 2+2 just means that you will find it very difficult to fit anyone larger than a five year old in the back seats mate. (if you're tall then no-one's sitting behind you).

it basically means that there's two rear seats there but very, very limited leg-room.

as for your £8k you could actually get a TT for that now i believe. have a search on here and look in the 'for sale' and traders sections, you may be pleasantly surprised!

:welcome:

as for your £8k you could actually get a TT for that now i believe. have a search on here and look in the 'for sale' and traders sections, you may be pleasantly surprised!

:welcome:

don't say that, itll encourage me to go for something way more powerfull than I could probably drive :eek: I really want a manual, which is making the search a little harder as most I find are autos.

not yet, I know everyone tells me the autos are very good, but I enjoy my gear changes, Im in Scotland, coming down south at the beginning of october and hoping to go for a test drive in some then before I make a decision, still a young driver so the TT might be a bit daft at the moment, the Vectra V6 has 170BHP so whatver Ig ot o, its going to be a big jump up.

not yet, I know everyone tells me the autos are very good, but I enjoy my gear changes, Im in Scotland, coming down south at the beginning of october and hoping to go for a test drive in some then before I make a decision, still a young driver so the TT might be a bit daft at the moment, the Vectra V6 has 170BHP so whatver Ig ot o, its going to be a big jump up.

My advice is test drive both a manual and an auto. I like my gear changes as well, but strangely I don't miss them at all.

:drool: Good luck with the search.

a decent auto tt from 7k+

a manual tt you may find one but a little more in your budget you should find one.

as for non turbo manual get a sz-r from around 6k to 8k there is a guy who i imported a full veilside sz-r in white look here

http://www.jm-imports.co.uk/sold/WhiteSZR.html

he wants around 9k but you never know his missus has had twins he may also take your vectra in too, car was a grade 4 at auctions in immac condition too.

I tried elephant and they only non-tubo import they haad was an FI...what the hells and FI!?!? An earlier model? I got a quote on it and it was good but didn't like the fact it was a grade i'd not even heard of so dont think i'll go with them to be on the safe side!?

FI is Mk111 it stands for Foriegn Import AFAIK