The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Good Accident Repairers

whitesupratt

The front is seriously pushed back there. There's probably inner wing and chasiss damage. It might not be worth the expense of repairing it.

Our member Lightwave's car was less damaged but was written off.

:(

Agree looking at it doesn't look like it will be economical to repair. Is there any damage to the roof line at all ?

Speak to Paul off the board. He lives in Herts and had his car resprayed and was very happy with the results. They may be able to look at yours with a view to repairing. At least then you will get to make a choice on whether to involve your insurers or not.

Yeah, the guys that resprayed mine are the bollox mate.

They do accident repairs too, seen Aston Martins, Porsche etc down there.

Not OTT on price either, if it's cash then see what they will do if you ain't going through insurance.

Details: Bradshaws, 329 London Road, Hemel Hempstead. HP3 9AN

Tel: 01442 251788 ask for Mick or Jason

Hope this helps,

Paul

thanks guy, the front wheel on the other side is straight, so yeh...problems there! my insrance is 2000quid with 5 years no claims, unprotected! no one will clearly tell me what ill get back for the car. allegadly just book value. im paying the car off for 3 years. so writing it off isnt an option unless they give me enough money back for the car to make it worth putting a bit more towards buying another.

If they write it off that finishes your insurance policy mate. So basically you'd have to re-insure the new car with no no-claims at all. If its £2k with 5 years worth then you are pretty stuffed for insurance so I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that you wont be getting another supe if they write it off.If you've gotta pay it off over 3 years then a long term repair is probably going to be your only option. New wing is about £200 front bumpers are ten a penny on here, its the other damage that could prove the problem. You'll get another 16" rim no bother and hopefully its just the track rod end thats bent as a steering rack will hurt. If the chassis arm is bent then thats not gonna be that easy a fix. Rad and aircon rad aren't gonna be cheap either.

The insurance company can tell you what they'll pay upto without writing it off...you then find all the parts (new or USED!) and see if you can get the bits for less...if you can...you tell them you need say £500 less than the max value before write off and get the work done yourself, insurance assessor comes back and says yep that's great....you *could* walk away with money in your pocket...you've just got to play the game.

Oh and the max damage cost is about 60% the value of the car before being writen off...and you'll have to argue like hell to make them see that you can't get the same spec for the value that the CAP (Insurance companies parkers guide) puts on the car.

• 3 months later...

ive just had my 95 soup total lossd the missarable gets would only give me 6000 for the car i had 18"wheels and full leather too

am fighting the insurance now trying to get a bit more from them

send the most expensive motors you can find and as much of them as you can they origonaly offerd me 4500!!!! diddnt no that in total loss claims the insurance stoppd !!! am still paying mine still new one will be here soon

alex