I think hes faster than you.

Yes he is faster than me so what

What I asked is,do any of you think that strip runs down hill

Here is another video clip of a skyline on a strip

it runs down hill big time.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=42643

You should see the strips in Japan :faint:

WTF is the point of going drag racing if you are not doing it on a flat surface

it is not worth comparing our time's against cars that have not run in the UK.

Keith

crail looks downhill too. then you can drive into sea to cool down.

lol crail makes up for being downhill with how crap the surface is :giveup:

think best drag strips i been to in england is santapod and county raceway where the rotostock was held.

i was impressed by how good the surface was / looked @ rotorstock this year , i am going to santapod for japshow , will be able 2 compare then

as others have said a lot of the drag strips in the US have big inclines towards the end , so to aid the cars in slowing down without having to have huge brakes or a parachute

Ross

To echo what Ross says, Crail does seem to go very slightly downhill at the end, But it seens to go uphill first.

If you were to run a remote control car up it, I doubt it would still be in view by the end.

The surface is crap, Bad concrete, bits missing, potholes and the owner has no intention of upgrading.

I will be down at the Pod on the 9th with my car, Should be for a comparison on times and see how my car fairs on a decent surface :yes:

I was down at rotorstock and was really impresed by the way the whole day was run and the surface look excellant, As mentioned in another thread My friend Marc was running a gold Skyline GTsT, at crail its best time is a 12.8 or a 12.2 (I cant remeber exactly :shrug: ), And on the exact same set up at Rotorstock he ran a 11.03 :ecstatic:

K.

To echo what Ross says, Crail does seem to go very slightly downhill at the end, But it seens to go uphill first.

If you were to run a remote control car up it, I doubt it would still be in view by the end.

The surface is crap, Bad concrete, bits missing, potholes and the owner has no intention of upgrading.

I will be down at the Pod on the 9th with my car, Should be for a comparison on times and see how my car fairs on a decent surface :yes:

I was down at rotorstock and was really impresed by the way the whole day was run and the surface look excellant, As mentioned in another thread My friend Marc was running a gold Skyline GTsT, at crail its best time is a 12.8 or a 12.2 (I cant remeber exactly :shrug: ), And on the exact same set up at Rotorstock he ran a 11.03 :ecstatic:

K.

is that horrid gold thing with big slick type drag wheels and tyres

seen it at elvington. i have had a 12.5 at 3 different drag places. york drag strip,elvington, and santapod.

elvington used to have inconsistent timing gear at one time. got my best time at santapod. think i would have to say county raceway looks the best track i seen. santapod is real bad on ques. york is a rundown track.elvington is nothing to write home about. the amount of money they make at big events you would think they would improve set up.

what is the spec of that gold car?

would they make a huge difference to times?

QUOTE]

To right it makes a difference to the times

so you think the car would make the same ET time going the other way

Keith

sounds like you need some more power.you have a car at top of its league with all the backing and sponsors behind you.how far would you think you can go with your car.its a true stripped out racer you have.

sounds like you need some more power.you have a car at top of its league with all the backing and sponsors behind you.how far would you think you can go with your car.its a true stripped out racer you have.

I am going for the 0-300 km/h record next friday looking to do it under 13 seconds

then i am at county raceway on the sunday

Keith

is that horrid gold thing with big slick type drag wheels and tyres

seen it at elvington.

what is the spec of that gold car?

Sounds about right, The car was Built by Marc as a promo car for his tuning company , He isnt a fan of the kit either and he never painted it gold, That was done by the new owner, Marc still races it at events when Doug (new owner) is working offshore..

Marcs into performance, Dougs into the show scene.

http://the-garage.co.uk/phpBB2/garage.php?mode=view_gallery_item&type=garage_mod&id=35

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2005/09/1.php?attachmentid=13437

Im strugling to find the spec sheet online, I did find this he wrote on the skyline owners forum -

Monday I decided we should push the car on a bit, after almost 10 runs the day before the car was faultless and now for a bit for the techies to pour over, digest and scoff at but unfortunatly its all true. I dont push the car hard, the spec list is openly avaliable, we have nothing to hide .... no "tuners secrets" on this car what you see is what you get. The car is never revved over 7500 rpm, on the Sunday we ran 1.2 bar of boost and 50 jets in the DP system. The engine is 100% gtst, its still a 2.5 and still runs the 2.5 head and variable valve timing. More importantly, and controversly it still runs a AFM and only 550cc injectors.

I will try find the whole spec sheet later.

**Edited**, I found this - http://www.tunerzine.com/articles/2005/featuredcar/issue06/DougsSkyline/article.html

K.

I dont think that strip is downhill at all. I really do not believe that a strip like that in a country that takes drag racing so seriously would make it downhill. Some of the tracks may give the impression they are downhill because of a hill at the end which is probably used to help slow the cars after the 1/4 mile distance.

I have seen some videos from Japan that are blatantly downhill, but that was because they were improvised drag strips placed on parts of racing circuit... and yes that does make it a joke.

I dont think that strip is downhill at all. I really do not believe that a strip like that in a country that takes drag racing so seriously would make it downhill. Some of the tracks may give the impression they are downhill because of a hill at the end which is probably used to help slow the cars after the 1/4 mile distance.

I have seen some videos from Japan that are blatantly downhill, but that was because they were improvised drag strips placed on parts of racing circuit... and yes that does make it a joke.

Bobbeh

Did you look at the vid on the gtr site of the gtr in OZ

It is down hill also there are photos on the 2nd page ??

Keith

Bobbeh

Did you look at the vid on the gtr site of the gtr in OZ

It is down hill also there are photos on the 2nd page ??

Keith

Yeah I did.

Even so, I am confident that Supra would run the same times at other places. Hes well known on Supraforums for years, and no one doubts his car.

I've never actually seen a drag strip in the states, but I know people that have been out there and seen some, and they say they are slightly downhill. I also agree that many of the videos look downhill.

As I say, I've not seen them with my own eyes, but it does seem a little stange how no car in this country has ever managed the same type of 1/4's, (or even close), to those of the US guys. :run:

Erm.. I dont know of any car (Supra) in this country running nearly 60 PSI putting out in the range of 1500hp... which is then disputed that its phoney US BHP... then point to downhill tracks? Cmon.

I was gona say that its funny how when the US guys post great BHP dyno figures they are 'dyno' queens and the US dyno's are wrong, US bhp figures are different blah blah :blahblah: And then they go out on the 1/4 and prove the power and get low times that make our fast guys (TOTB etc) look slow..... but ofcourse the strips out there are downhill :blahblah: :blahblah:

Looks like they can't win to me :innocent: Maybe its time some smelt the coffee and realised that 'our' best is still way behind with a way to go :tongue: