The mkiv Supra Owners Club

could a cossie..

Guest disrupta

Guest disrupta

could a cossie stanadrd beat a supra.

ive got a j spec tt auto supra standard and my mate has a sapphire cossie which he claims is standard.

im not into street racing and im currently trying to sell my supra but he claims the cossie will beat the supra and im 100% sure he is wrong.

can anyone help convince me im right or maybe wrong.

cheers

Stock Cossie.... ~200-240 Standard

Stock TT........ ~300-320 Standard

Maybe the TT auto is a tad heavier... but SO WHAT ! !

AND, the Cossie is MANUAL, TT may be AUTO - the Cossie SHOULD be slightly

better "off-the-line" IF it has a good pilot. but after 50/100 feet.............

Soop N/A...... ~220... BUT the Turbo on the Cossie will give better torque at

lower revs (?!?!?) [bU**ER ! :cry: ]

unsure mate, it was blue (as my wife would say)

i commented on how i was comforted in the knowledge that mine would do that all day whereas his would be in bits by Christmas ;) but seriously, it was rather quick but it seemed to be later on when he'd catch me & pass me rather than just a straight loss from start to finish

if he's running 28psi of boost on a hybrid with 4k worth of rebuild & it's just been mapped the day before then he'll destroy you as i found out a few weeks back :(

But take comfort in the fact that his newly rebuilt engine probably blew up again shortly afterwards :read:

as mentioned, they're rarely standard & it's good really, cos you know they're always up for it as opposed to the porsches, tvrs (we get a few round here since they're made here!) & astons etc that end being an old guy or a woman driving when you roll up along side for a play!

There was a blue saphhire at that airfield open day I did recently. He gave me a damn good run for my money and stayed neck and neck with the evo7 fq 300 with the 350 upgrade package so some of them are seriously quick. After about 60 I pushed him backwards but I was very surprised at its performance I was expecting slightly quicker than N/A supe not almost as fast as BPU +++ TT supe