The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mk iv n/a vs 04 impreza wrx

JIMBOW1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for all the replys people i have allmoast got enough £ to go and get a nice sz szr, manual, and people say the n/a is not that quick but when i am in my mates 04 wrx it feels very quick to me so i think i will be very very happy with the performance of the supra, but then i am coming up from a mk4 astra 2.0 16v sri :tomato:

The WRX would disappear around the corners .. bye bye Supe.

What are you basing that on? the Supra has better grip into and out of corners, the only time the scooby will beat it is when it is wet or the road surface is slippery (in fact then its no contest), in the dry I'd have the Supe any day!

• 1 month later...
What are you basing that on? the Supra has better grip into and out of corners, the only time the scooby will beat it is when it is wet or the road surface is slippery (in fact then its no contest), in the dry I'd have the Supe any day!

Try driving both, down a twisty B road, and then decide for yourself. Same driver different cars ... we're not talking fast A roads here where the Supe would be slightly faster... Power means jack sh7t around a corner, its purely down to weight and grip mid corner and the WRX has 15-20% advantage over a Supe.

Anyone with a WRX fancy proving the above ???

Mate has a standard rb5 other than a exhaust system and theres nothing in it at all. The following day at work he said he didnt have enough to overtake and was shocked at how quick the n/a actually is. He did however accelerate quicker than me but I was too busy showing off to the people behind going sideways :p

Guest Flat4_ire

ur talking shite now man, pure and utter shite, u supra will not have better grip than an impreza around a corner!! and u know it too or at least u shud, and in the wet ud just have to go home, i own an impreza sti type r, and theres no way a supra cud stick with in on bends, 4wd and about 300kg lighter than a rwd supra, u do the maths

Guest Flat4_ire

and yes i am swapping my car for a tt supra, but at least i know the good and bad point of each car and im a realist..fair enuf uve got a n/a supra, in all fairness we all know a standard teg type r would leave ur supra n/a sitting

ur talking shite now man, pure and utter shite, u supra will not have better grip than an impreza around a corner!! and u know it too or at least u shud, and in the wet ud just have to go home, i own an impreza sti type r, and theres no way a supra cud stick with in on bends, 4wd and about 300kg lighter than a rwd supra, u do the maths

Hows the "How to win friends and influence people" course coming along mate?

Guest Flat4_ire
Hows the "How to win friends and influence people" course coming along mate?

grand not a bother dude cheers :ok:

im just being honest here though.. theres just no way a n/a supra is gonna stay with a newage wrx impreza, and DEF not a 94/95 one, and it is as simple as that and u know that aswell man

And the nomination for the most popular newbie is.....