The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Flippin' Volvo Driver rear-ended my Supe

Max Headroom

First off an apology to any one on here who drives a Volvo as their other car.

Whilst in Ross-on-Wye I was stopped in the road indicating to go right and with all my brake lights on I get clipped on the back bumper by this FE**ING STUPID BLIND IDIOTIC WOMAN VOLVO DRIVER who bashes into me. Whilst I remain calm and go over, she has burst into tears and cannot get out of the car and rings her husband, who arrives 5 minutes later with this womans brother who was going past and had seen his sister.

The husband knows his wife is in the wrong and admits liability for the knock, the question is, whilst my bumper is only scratched on the outside, is there anything else that could have happened. And does anyone know how much roughly it is to respray the back bumper.

After the washing machine and the electricity meter this is the third thing to go wrong in as many days and I went to church as well on Sunday, I am well cheezed off.

Check to see if the boot-lock has gone in. Look underneath and inside to check the boot floor. Check the rear hatch is in-line with the rear quarters by the lights.

Checking underneath will probably mean you need to remove some of the fixing-studs (plastic screw-like things), and pull the bumper back (it's flexible). There's a crossmember/impact bar in there if I remember correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
Going to get my rear end sorted and the womans husband is stumping up the readies. Fella even apologised for his stupid wife.

Get your car inspected by a professional bodyshop and get a quote. However, try not to take the couple to the cleaners (you know what I mean)....not a good thing.

have we got a whiplash smillie , take her for everything you can , i hate bad drivers :thumbdown

So that the next time it happens and she bursts into tears, she take the innocent victim of the accident to court on assault charges.......

imi are you agreeing with me there or what mate :shrug:

I wouldnt take her to the cleaners....I'd get the Supra repaired and close the chapter (I think people who conjure up unecessary crap like whiplash, excessive damage etc are scum - always have a genuine claim, they could be paying out of their pocket)

It was an Accident. Get it fixed at their cost and get on with your life.

I wouldnt take her to the cleaners....I'd get the Supra repaired and close the chapter (I think people who conjure up unecessary crap like whiplash, excessive damage etc are scum - always have a genuine claim, they could be paying out of their pocket)

It was an Accident. Get it fixed at their cost and get on with your life.

Well put, totally agree. If you have real whiplash you will know all about it, mine was15 years ago and it still hurts nearly every day. Befroe anyone asks yes I did get it treated and no I did not claim as the proceedure was not part of the grab it all culture we have now.

Sorry to hear about your car. Round here the good bodyshops charge around £200 a panel. If it is only scratching, not dented and an original bumper Iwould doubt there will be any other damage.

just think what would have happened if it had been the other way round , from what max said she wouldnt get out and was crying , sympathy tears to cover up her bad driving .

and as regards whiplash it wouldnt be until today that it would start to hurt , ive had it, kind of delayed reaction, as regards calling people scum imi you need to engage your brain before your mouth .

but i did at least take on board your view , which you are entitled to . :whip:lash

have we got a whiplash smillie , take her for everything you can , i hate bad drivers :thumbdown

Whats the smillie supposed to mean?

What about the "take her for everything you can"?

If this isnt the MONEY GRABBING ATTITUDE that Termi mentioned then what is it, if you even have a semi decent explaination then I'm willing to retract my comments.

Additionally, seems like your the one with the gun hoe comments about brain engagement.... :D

Hey guys, is this worth it.

There are genuine claims and there are fictious claims. Some people will try it on. The no win no fee does make alot of people jump on the band waggon to see if they can get a wedge. I am dealing with a firm right now, for an injury to my son,lose of sensation and partial use of a fingure. It's a no win no fee thing but they will only take on a case if they think a, they can win and b, the is enoiugh in it for them, ie costs. They think we have a good case, there is no way I would not have gone into this with for a scam, as I have had to sign in blood a 10 page document. Basically if we provide faulse info or do anything that we are not advised to do by them, we pay their costs and if we loose the employyers feescosts as well.

I blame thees stupid adds on TV, "I tripped on a paper clip at work, broke a finger nail and got £1500 from my employer".

In this case is sounds like the driver who hit you knows it is totally their fault, feels stupid, shocked and embarassed about damaging your car and wants to get it sorted out for you. Accident libility admitted, damage sorted, case closed.

Look on the bright side, they ould have claimed you selected the wrong gear and reversed into them. One of my oldest friends stopped behind a coach at a junction, the coach reversed into him, the driver got out and accused him going to fast and hitting him from behind. No whitness, the police were called the guy only backed down when the police spotted about an inch of black rubber infront of my mates rear tyre where the car had been push slightly backwards against the handbrake.